PDA

View Full Version : What database do you use?

Gls
03-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I am looking at several database systems for my PC. I also have an iPhone. It would be convenient to access my database while away from the office. This is not a deciding factor though.

First, do you use a database? If yes, which one? If no, why not?

Second, What are some pro's and con's you have found with that particular database?

The only program I've found that seems to be iPhone friendly is Filemaker Pro(pc) and Filemaker Go(iDevices). I know none of the programs are cheap, for pc or iPhone, so any and all imput will be appreciated before I purchase one of them.

Thanks,
GLS

picframer
03-09-2011, 07:43 PM
MSAccess, Microsoft seems to have it's hands into everything so I use Access as it works with everything I use, I use Simply Accounting to keep the books and use MS Access to pull info from it, I run other applications I have written using it also.

Gls
03-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Access is the only program I have used but it was a 2000 office version. I had to learn just the basics of it while in college for a general business class. I am completely unfamiliar with the program now. The accounting program is great advice. I don't know why but I though a database would include accounting functions. I just know I can't live without either when I get to where i have my goals set. Might as well start with them now and do it right. Thanks.

picframer
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
You can export from simply accounting to excel which has a much shorter learning curve than access.