PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Cainepolo12
03-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Hello All-
I am a new member from Clarksville, TN. I am starting up a Landscape and Lawn Care service for the first time. So far, the information I have gathered from this site has been invaluable. If anyone has any advice for a new start up, it would be greatly appreciated. My setup to do this alone is a 6 x 10 trailer, Riding mower (not zero turn), push mower, gas edger, gas blower, and other tools. Looking forward to all your posts!

jymie
03-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the forum. Read through the following thread, it has alot of information for you to uitilize.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=13299

Hope this helps you get started! Best of luck!

Hedgemaster
03-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Welcome!

Ignore all my posts. I'm still in the "asking questions" phase. :D

Steve
03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you doing to promote your new business so far?

phouse65
03-09-2011, 10:22 PM
I started out by making door handle advertisements for customers and put out about 3000 my first fall season. I got about 30 customers and was busy as could be for one person. This spring I am putting out 10,000 or more, which I put on peoples doors and boxes. I have got many calls already and think it is a great way to get started. I printed my own at home, then found a print shop to copy 1000 copies for me, which made 5000 individual for 130 bucks. I guess my point is that if you do the little things people don't do, others see effort and call you rather than a post card mailer.

Steve
03-10-2011, 01:51 AM
I guess my point is that if you do the little things people don't do, others see effort and call you rather than a post card mailer.

What kinds of little things do you feel other new lawn care business owners need to focus on doing to really stand out?

What do you suggest?