PDA

View Full Version : Got Bad Contract Off Here

boog
03-08-2011, 12:33 PM
I got a contract off here "LAWN_CARE_LANDSCAPE_AGREEMENT_CONTRACT_1_BLANK.doc " i signed a client with it back in january , ill go broke tryn to get to this place every week for what they will pay so i sent them a cancellation notice that i would not be able to service them with the high gas prices and lack of contracts in there area . so today i got a call from them they tried to tell me i owe them $249.99 " LOOK AT CONTRACT YOU WILL SEE WHY " she told me that if she did not receive her check for 249.99 within 30days she was going take me to court. so i reviewed the contract and noticed that they dated it wrong and my date was right i have proof i was there because of gas receipts and map quest papers dated same as my date that i was there not day befor ,so i sent them another letter stating that the contract is voided because of wrong dates

now with this being said i will have new contracts written by my lawyer so i dont have to deal with this again im sure we will end up in court over this bs. and that will hurt after you review the contract please reply with what you think

wandfsmall
03-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I got a contract off here "LAWN_CARE_LANDSCAPE_AGREEMENT_CONTRACT_1_BLANK.doc " i signed a client with it back in january , ill go broke tryn to get to this place every week for what they will pay so i sent them a cancellation notice that i would not be able to service them with the high gas prices and lack of contracts in there area . so today i got a call from them they tried to tell me i owe them $249.99 " LOOK AT CONTRACT YOU WILL SEE WHY " she told me that if she did not receive her check for 249.99 within 30days she was going take me to court. so i reviewed the contract and noticed that they dated it wrong and my date was right i have proof i was there because of gas receipts and map quest papers dated same as my date that i was there not day befor ,so i sent them another letter stating that the contract is voided because of wrong dates

now with this being said i will have new contracts written by my lawyer so i dont have to deal with this again im sure we will end up in court over this bs. and that will hurt after you review the contract please reply with what you think

I am sure that would not hold up in court*LOL* but it is a good try on your customers part.

boog
03-08-2011, 02:37 PM
I am sure that would not hold up in court*LOL* but it is a good try on your customers part.

yea i give em credit on trying. im just glad all this is happening now cause i think they would be a major pain in my a$$ in the long run

boog
03-08-2011, 02:39 PM
not that the contract is a bad one its the way it is worded it will lead to confusion "trust me learned hard way "

jymie
03-08-2011, 09:31 PM
I would just add to the paragraph as follows:

Notice of cancellation by customer must be received in writing 30 days prior to the intended cancellation date. Cancellation of Annual Lawn Care Contract will be accepted by soandso lawn care upon 30 day prior written notice of such cancellation; an early cancellation fee of $249.99 will apply in addition to any unpaid invoices, for monthly services preformed at the full service rates prior to the cancellation.

Hedgemaster
03-08-2011, 11:17 PM
I would just add to the paragraph as follows:

Notice of cancellation by customer must be received in writing 30 days prior to the intended cancellation date. Cancellation of Annual Lawn Care Contract will be accepted by soandso lawn care upon 30 day prior written notice of such cancellation; an early cancellation fee of $249.99 will apply in addition to any unpaid invoices, for monthly services preformed at the full service rates prior to the cancellation.

OMG. Seriously?

I can't read that document, as I don't have the right software, but is THAT how they are trying to get him to pay THEM $249.99? Because it doesn't specify that it means "CUSTOMER cancellation"?

LOL what a bunch of douche bags. He's right - better to "lose" them now.
Hope this all gets worked out for you dude.

SDelPrete
03-09-2011, 05:55 PM
ok well the contract is worded weirdly and should be fix but most importantly who the hell would make a customer pay $250 if they cancel their lawn mowing? And what stupid customer would sign that contract with that crazy of a fee? or even pay that at all.

That is quite possibly the craziest fee I have ever seen.

Rant Over

Simpkins
03-09-2011, 06:21 PM
I agree that there is no way in hell that would hold up on court.

I do like a clause of some sort in there that would penalize a customer who cancels without notice. There has to be some sort of something like that there. Otherwise you just have a piece of paper. (If you go the contract route, anyways)

AttractiveLandscape
03-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Contract reads fine, it just needs some revising such as bulleted (numbered) paragraphs before this last paragraph:

I, the Customer, have reviewed and I agree with the terms and conditions of the above, attached estimate and contract agreement.

They could waste their money on a consultation fee with an attorney to find out they are moronic but then I am certain they already know that.

As far as $250 being steep... well, that's all in how you look at it. If a customer can't give you the common courtesy of a 30 day notice... why give them the courtesy of an, "oh well, guess I will just go find another customer... re-route my days... and spend that time in doing so for free." You always have the option of saying, "Don't worry about the $249.99." Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances in which they can't give the notice.

Just my .02 worth;)

boog
03-09-2011, 11:14 PM
when i got the phone call from that client my blood pressure went threw the roof !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant believe they are that stupid thinking i would have to pay them if i canceled im glad to get rid of them i see them being a pain in the a$$ . what i did is just voided their contract on grounds for signing wrong date "and because they are dumb asses" i sent them a letter on why the contract was voided and also noted that she tried to bribe me with a whopping $10 a visit just in case they find some a hole that got a lawyer degree online and tries to get that $250 well guys ill keep you posted on this

AttractiveLandscape
03-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Glad to know we could be of help!:)

jasonw
03-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Wait a minute I am lost here. Did the contract NOT state that the cancellation fee is only one way? If not did you not review it and make changes accordingly or did you just print it out and have them sign it without understanding it yourself?