PDA

View Full Version : stihl blower

Paineless Creations
03-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Thinking about buying a br600 does anybody use those and what do you think

CFD192
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
I purchased one toward the end of my mowing season last year before the leaf cleanups. It works awesome...I had several yards that could be done in 2 hours that took all day with my old blower and rakes. I did several of the jobs by myself, and sent the other people to do other jobs. It is really helpful when doing jobs where you are just blowing the leaves into the back of property or out into the woods. It doesn't matter if it is a wet day either...i did a leaf job a couple of hours after a downpour and it worked real well. the only downfall if any would be that it has to much power and you have to rake leaves out of mulch beds because of it blowing the mulch out even on idle. hope that helps

picframer
03-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Thinking about buying a br600 does anybody use those and what do you think

I have the BR500, 550 and 600's. The 600's win hands down and they see a tremendous amount of use with my company. The only issue which is a PITA, the fuel filter at the end of the gas line in the tank, if the operator doesn't wear the harness and for example puts it over one sholder, the filter get's lodged out of place in the tank and at about 1/3 full will die out. I had this issue a few times then simply showed the staff what to do when it happens, Stihl did a recall and my dealer did whatever but it still happens from time to time.

Paineless Creations
03-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks to both of you for the inputs..

Paineless Creations
03-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Woke up today spent $500 and bought a BR600 on the way to a leaf job and in no time flat made a quick $200.00 1 1/2 more jobs like that I will have my ROI. Thanks for all the input. Great product

Steve
03-14-2011, 02:31 AM
How do you feel it compared with the previous equipment you were using? How much time do you feel it cut down?