PDA

View Full Version : Customer Routes

SpokaneSRC
03-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Hey,
I wanted to know if any of you (that have a pretty full residential customer base) change the day you service their account so it's more efficient for you?
Say you sign up 15 customers in a month. So you mow 8 on Thursday and 7 on Friday (or whatever). Then as you get more clients, do you move the days around that you service their lawn so it's more efficient?

So at the begining of the season customer A's lawn was being cut on Friday but now it's cut on Tuesday because of other customers in A's area get cut on Tuesday?
Hope this ? makes sense.

jklawncare
03-05-2011, 10:58 AM
I have done that. I have yet to have a customer have a problem with it..
but depending on the days your switching..you may lose out on a weeks payment for a couple houses.

SLPettet
03-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I have done that and I have had quite a few problems with it, quite a few of our clients that like their lawn absolutely perfect would rather have theirs cut at the end of the week so it looks prettier for the weekend, this causes problems with you don't have enough crews to send out to different parts of town near the end of the week. Sometimes I have just had to tell them that they are getting mowed on a Tuesday because that's all I can currently offer.

jklawncare
03-05-2011, 12:45 PM
I have done that and I have had quite a few problems with it, quite a few of our clients that like their lawn absolutely perfect would rather have theirs cut at the end of the week so it looks prettier for the weekend, this causes problems with you don't have enough crews to send out to different parts of town near the end of the week. Sometimes I have just had to tell them that they are getting mowed on a Tuesday because that's all I can currently offer.

Thats one issue i was afraid of but i was prepared to just tell them. Thats the earliest that i can do it, and if they needed it done that day it would cost more

jsslawncare
03-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Hey,
I wanted to know if any of you (that have a pretty full residential customer base) change the day you service their account so it's more efficient for you?
Say you sign up 15 customers in a month. So you mow 8 on Thursday and 7 on Friday (or whatever). Then as you get more clients, do you move the days around that you service their lawn so it's more efficient?

So at the begining of the season customer A's lawn was being cut on Friday but now it's cut on Tuesday because of other customers in A's area get cut on Tuesday?
Hope this ? makes sense.

I move the new customer to fit my need after the first cut.

SpokaneSRC
03-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback. It's helpful.