PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Home & Garden Show

jymie
03-05-2011, 12:54 AM
The end of this month, I will be participating in my first Home and Garden show. Not sure what to expect, but I will have my own booth.

Has anyone else been a part of a show like this?

What did you do in your booth to help you promote your business?

So far, I have started to print up some flyers, already had business cards made up. I am thinking about having a drawing for a free bed weeding or a free month of lawn mowing so that I can get names, addresses, phone numbers and email address so I can send advertising to them.

Growing Green
03-05-2011, 05:44 AM
That is pretty cool! I'm thinking about doing that at some time. Do you mind if I ask you how much that cost you?

Matt

jymie
03-05-2011, 07:52 AM
That is pretty cool! I'm thinking about doing that at some time. Do you mind if I ask you how much that cost you?

Matt

So far there has been 2 shows in this area since February. The first one in February the cost was $1695.00 and it covered 2 weekends. The next one which is going on this weekend the cost was $950.00. The one I am going to be doing at the end of the month is $595.00. To me it is better timing to do one plus a better price. Our mowing season here usually begins in April, so the timing & the cost made the other shows prohibited for me. I felt there was too much time to forget about us before the season started.

950thomas
03-05-2011, 10:14 AM
At the home and garden shows where I live the landscaper will build water features and landscape their booth with plants

jymie
03-05-2011, 09:42 PM
I know there will be a ton of designed booths there, I wont have that luxury this year to build anything in my area. They tell me I need more insurance coverage on my policy to do it, so that will have to wait until next year. My focus will be on handing out my flyers and conversation to whoever wants to listen.

Hedgemaster
03-05-2011, 10:05 PM
I wonder what it would cost to have seed packets made up with your name on them... some sort of easily grown, colorful flowers - something that the ladies would be inclined to take when they pass by.

Just a thought.

Personally, I'm just happy to see a bowl filled with Tootsie Rolls at a vendor's booth, but my wife loves all that "take one" crap.
Probably because I have to carry all of it.

:D

jymie
03-05-2011, 10:19 PM
I wonder what it would cost to have seed packets made up with your name on them... some sort of easily grown, colorful flowers - something that the ladies would be inclined to take when they pass by.

Just a thought.

Personally, I'm just happy to see a bowl filled with Tootsie Rolls at a vendor's booth, but my wife loves all that "take one" crap.
Probably because I have to carry all of it.

:D

Yes they are good like that arent they? :)

Steve
03-06-2011, 04:38 AM
Here are a couple of blog articles that you might find helpful and inspire you further.

Ideas for marketing your lawn care business at a home show. (http://lawnchat.com/?p=184)

Tips for promoting your lawn care business at trade shows. (http://lawnchat.com/?p=1519)

How to market at a home show on the cheap. (http://lawnchat.com/?p=2061)

jymie
03-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Thanks so much for those links!

Steve
03-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Take some pictures of your booth and let us know which marketing methods you decide to go with.

I am looking forwards to your updates.