PDA

View Full Version : bidding a cemetery

swabby67
03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Got a question for everyone. I am in the process of bidding my first job, it's a cemetery. But i'm stumped. Here in MI, there is still snow on the ground and the bid closes the middle of March and there will more than likely still be snow so how can i give a good bid if I can't actually see what the cemetery grounds look like? Thanks

jymie
03-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Got a question for everyone. I am in the process of bidding my first job, it's a cemetery. But i'm stumped. Here in MI, there is still snow on the ground and the bid closes the middle of March and there will more than likely still be snow so how can i give a good bid if I can't actually see what the cemetery grounds look like? Thanks

You can go to google maps to get an overhead view.

boog
03-04-2011, 11:05 PM
i booked two jobs while there was snow on the ground back in jan. i went to inspect the jobs one it warmed up make a long story short i canceled the jobs i just told the people there was not with the high gas prices there wasn't enuf contracts in that area to service and i had to cancel

what i would do is go down town to public works or what ever office is in your area and get the Geo layout of the land for the grave yard they should have surveys and pics

Steve
03-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Got a question for everyone. I am in the process of bidding my first job, it's a cemetery. But i'm stumped.

Did you happen to read any of the recent discussions on cemetery bids (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=13522&highlight=cemetery) on here? After reading a few, you may decide to look for other kinds of jobs.

i booked two jobs while there was snow on the ground back in jan. i went to inspect the jobs one it warmed up make a long story short i canceled the jobs i just told the people there was not with the high gas prices there wasn't enuf contracts in that area to service and i had to cancel

What about the property made you change your mind? I'd love to hear more about this and what others need to look out for when they bid on properties that are still covered in snow.

FirstClassLandscaping
03-06-2011, 10:04 PM

My advice would be to try and find another job other than cemeterys...If you get a chance to read the other thread that steve posted youll understand why its a bad idea.