View Full Version : Work together, stay together?

01-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Do you think it's better to work with family or not?

Does it bring family together or tear it apart?

Work together, stay together? (http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/19/smbusiness/family_smallbiz/index.htm?postversion=2006121916) - Many couples have found that running a business together provides more time together and with their family, for better or for worse.

Starting a business has become "very popular for family-oriented individuals," according to Lori Kiser-Block, the president of FranChoice, a franchise consulting firm.

In fact, about 25 percent of all businesses are family-owned, according to the Census Bureau's latest survey of business owners, with more and more budding entrepreneurs choosing to ditch the corporate grind to be closer to their loved ones.

01-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Interesting.. We are family based company besides myself and husband we also employ my father-n-law and 1 of my sons.

It is truly like the double edged sword, yes we get to spend time together and dont have to worry what is said between us(although father-n-law quits everyday)haha. Work is really never left at the office(especially when it is ran from the home.

Although these are both true, I wouldn't have it any other way.