PDA

View Full Version : Work together, stay together?

Steve
01-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Do you think it's better to work with family or not?

Does it bring family together or tear it apart?

Work together, stay together? (http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/19/smbusiness/family_smallbiz/index.htm?postversion=2006121916) - Many couples have found that running a business together provides more time together and with their family, for better or for worse.

Starting a business has become "very popular for family-oriented individuals," according to Lori Kiser-Block, the president of FranChoice, a franchise consulting firm.

In fact, about 25 percent of all businesses are family-owned, according to the Census Bureau's latest survey of business owners, with more and more budding entrepreneurs choosing to ditch the corporate grind to be closer to their loved ones.

KimKriel
01-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Interesting.. We are family based company besides myself and husband we also employ my father-n-law and 1 of my sons.

It is truly like the double edged sword, yes we get to spend time together and dont have to worry what is said between us(although father-n-law quits everyday)haha. Work is really never left at the office(especially when it is ran from the home.

Although these are both true, I wouldn't have it any other way.