PDA

View Full Version : FREE SEO Report to the first 5 people that respond.

The Cleaning Doctor
03-04-2011, 03:48 PM
I guess the subject of hiring SEO done being a waste of money really gets under my skin. I do this for a living and believe me, the best way to starve is to do something that will destroy a sites rankings.

How much work would you have in your town if you killed even one lawn?

I understand that some don't want to or can't hire the work done and that is ok but to come here and state that hiring the work done is going to get your site banned is totally wrong. I use my techniques on my own sites and they moved up with the new changes. This is why on the search term "deck staining tips" the site is #2 and #3 on Google, #1 on Yahoo and #1 on Bing.

I have told you all that I can provide a detailed SEO report for your site for $35 which can also be used as credit on other services later on. So if you want to do a link building campaign I would deduct the $35 from the fee.

Here is what I am going to do.

The first 5 people to respond in this thread that they want the report will get one for FREE. Along with this I will give you a $15 ranking report that tells you where you are on up to 5 search engines. This Free give away will be limited to 1 domain and 4 keyword phrases. All that I ask is that you come back and talk about the information in the report.

The smallest report I have ever compiled was 51 pages long.

If this does not prove I know what I am talking about then nothing will.

1. You must respond here that you want the Free report.
2. You must then send me a PM with your domain, 4 of your keyword phrases, your email address

That is it. Because this if Free it will be run in my down time. keyword phrases can be multiple words like "lawn mowing 'insert city'"

Have fun and good luck

If you see that there are 5 responses don't waste your time asking for another free report. There are only 5 available.

shadrach
03-04-2011, 04:01 PM
what is a link building campaign?

The Cleaning Doctor
03-04-2011, 05:38 PM
That is where you go out onto different sites and create links back to your site while attempting to use your keywords as anchor text. Some sites you get away with it and others you are lucky to just get the link.

tricountylawncare
03-04-2011, 08:11 PM
I would like to take you up on the free report.

SpokaneSRC
03-04-2011, 09:26 PM
I've followed your posts here. You sure seem to know what you're talking about. So when I have a website, I will be in contact for SEO help.

The Cleaning Doctor
03-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Tri County your report should be in your email.

Hedgemaster
03-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I'd love to take you up on your offer, but I'm still struggling with getting my web site built. Been a week and I've finally gotten some info on my home page. No real "design", as I'm still trying to figure out how any of it works, but I have my logo and contact info there. (Which is good because my "contact us" page won' show up for me. :( )

Cripes, I don't even fully understand "key words". Are they just words listed in the page, or do they need to be listed "behind the scenes" somewhere? Metadata? Tags? some such crap? Ugh. I'm ready to throw sh!t.

You have no idea how absolutely maddening this is for me, as a graphic designer, to not be able to make ANYTHING go where I want it. I feel like a freaking retard.

Oh, and thanks for listening to my rant.
:)

PM sent. ;)

The Cleaning Doctor
03-05-2011, 01:16 AM
:D

LOL I was there when I first started doing web stuff. It took a long time but after a year I was doing good.

As for the meta tags, this is all behind the scenes. They are still used by the search engines but they are not given as much weight as they used to because of unscrupulous web designers that stuffed the keywords like......

"lawn mowing, lawn mowing,lawn mowing" and they just kept putting in the keywords.

Yahoo and Bing still give them more weight than Google does or at least it seems that way.

Remember on your meta description tag, that is what is likely show up in the search results under the link so you not only need to make it SEO friendly but that is also your first sales pitch to your potential customers.

Some helpful hints for keywords

1. When you write your content make sure it is conversational tone. Don't just keep repeating the keyword.
2. Every so often make the text for your keywords bold. Google notices this.
3. Also every so often use your keywords to link to inner pages. So if you have lawn mowing on your home page link it to your services page and things like that.

I will get the report to you soon.

tricountylawncare
03-05-2011, 01:52 AM
WOW, thanks for the report cleaning doctor. I can't believe all of the info that the report contains and everything that these search engines look at. It seems like a science. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. What do I need to change in my website? Do I need to change the way my ad campaign is worded with google and yahoo? I was wondering why my site is not showing up in the searches, only shows up at the top or on the right of the page because of the pay per clicks.
I might need to hire you to fix my website for me!

Thanks again for the report. It is a real eye opener.

shadrach
03-05-2011, 08:13 AM
I would like to see a report also please.

wandfsmall
03-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I think part of the problem with SEO is most of the emails you get and phone calls you get are from people looking for a quick buck. They know the average person can not tell that anything was done so they can collect money and do nothing. Also to do it right you have to understand the market your going for.

Personally if I was going to use a company for this, and When I get the wholesale business going a little better I most likely will I would most likely use cleaning doctor as he seems to understand a little of this market.

And as I posted earlier all of the major companies are using seo companies, It is not rocket science but you do have to stay up on rules. And a guy doing multiple sites is more cost effective then you doing your own after a while.

nnyparts
03-21-2011, 05:07 AM
Want a few ways for your site to stick out? Great content with the correct keywords... become the resident expert with a blog about lawn care, pruning...flower beds and maintenance and so on. Create a couple of short videos of how too's and get out there and socialize on-line.

On our main site we have on average 4,000 unique visitors a day come through the door...not 4K hits...actual visitors. That equates to 120,000 a month and 1,460,000 visitors a year. How many links do I have coming back? Somewhere around 5 or 6. What you really need to know is what are people typing into the search areas when their trying to find someone like you.

Getting people to come to your site is only half the battle....once there you need to figure out how to make them take the next step of contacting you for possible work. People like to know....what do you have to offer, what is it going to cost and do you have references of your prior work to show your stuff?

Have a page with photos of yourself and staff with contact information

Have a page with photos and descriptions of your work

Give your customer an idea of what it might cost! I know a lot of people that hate to put prices in because they fear it may lose them possible potential customers.

Are you more inclined to want to know more about mower blades (using this as an example) if the ad has a good description, price and photo or.....If the ad just says mower blades for sale?

Mower blades vary depending on the size of the deck and application...same holds true for your lawn care business. But an ad with lawn X that costs X amount of money with a photo may well get you in the door.

cleancutlawncare5382
03-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Doc, I would love to see the report. PM sent, Thanks

Gls
03-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Looks like I'm 6 or 7... But if your just feeling generous. :D

The Cleaning Doctor
03-21-2011, 03:17 PM
WOW, thanks for the report cleaning doctor. I can't believe all of the info that the report contains and everything that these search engines look at. It seems like a science. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. What do I need to change in my website? Do I need to change the way my ad campaign is worded with google and yahoo? I was wondering why my site is not showing up in the searches, only shows up at the top or on the right of the page because of the pay per clicks.
I might need to hire you to fix my website for me!

Thanks again for the report. It is a real eye opener.

Thanks I'm glad you are getting some info out of it.

From what I remember the first things to start with from your report are the tags. Title, Description and Keyword meta tags. You will read all over the web that these are not used but I can tell you from experience that they are to an extent, especially if you have good content. Try to have no less than 250 words on your pages. Sounds like a lot but it really isn't.

The Cleaning Doctor
03-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Looks like I'm 6 or 7... But if your just feeling generous. :D

Look at the first post and it will tell you what I need in a PM.

Thanks

Gls
03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Haha... Nm. Looked at the link you posted a while back. Website is still a few weeks off. Thats what I get for scanning in between jobs.

The Cleaning Doctor
03-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I would like to see a report also please.

Send me the info asked for in the first post in a PM.

The Cleaning Doctor
03-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Haha... Nm. Looked at the link you posted a while back. Website is still a few weeks off. Thats what I get for scanning in between jobs.

??????:confused:

The Cleaning Doctor
03-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Doc, I would love to see the report. PM sent, Thanks

70 page report heading your way.

cleancutlawncare5382
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance!

cleancutlawncare5382
03-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Ok Doc, I just finished reading the 70 page report. WOW, I have a brain cramp.

So if I understand (even-a-little) should I include keywords more in the body, title, pics of the articles? Should I change keywords altogether?

This is all new to me so sorry for the ground floor approach.

Again thanks for your efforts !

The Cleaning Doctor
03-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Ok Doc, I just finished reading the 70 page report. WOW, I have a brain cramp.

So if I understand (even-a-little) should I include keywords more in the body, title, pics of the articles? Should I change keywords altogether?

This is all new to me so sorry for the ground floor approach.

Again thanks for your efforts !

Yes the keywords need to be included in the body and you can further differentiate them by underlining, bolding or italicizing them.

As for the pics they need to have the correct alt and title tags. You know, when you hover over a pic and the little text box pops up.

You should focus on franklin, pa because there are a lot of cities named franklin that you will compete with on the web. Like I said in the email, Franklin, TN is a competitive area because of the per capita income there. By targeting Franklin, PA you will eventually move up for Franklin also.

cleancutlawncare5382
03-22-2011, 07:59 PM
I have applied some of the advice to my site already. The easy stuff.lol

I plan to take your report and reread (study) make changes as they become more clear to me. I would love to rerun your report and measure improvments.

Great stuff.

Steve
03-23-2011, 12:51 PM
I have applied some of the advice to my site already. The easy stuff.lol

Have you been keeping track of where your site is ranking in search engine results? It would be neat to see over time, how implementing these seo tricks has effected your rankings.

cleancutlawncare5382
03-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Have you been keeping track of where your site is ranking in search engine results?

I would like to know the rankings among search engines but not sure how to find it. SEO report gave me an 29.8% rating but I think this represents how likely the site is to do well. (it potential)

The site did get verified by Google yesterday, again not sure what that means but I assume its has to be good.

I noticed last night the site is showing up 2 or 3 times in directories along with the site itself on the first page of Google. I registered for all the free business directories I could find. Someone on the forum here provided a list. In about 2 days the front page has received 30 clicks. This is up from before.

Steve
03-24-2011, 05:51 PM
That is fantastic! I am guessing that over time it will only improve as you keep working on that?

Hedgemaster
03-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Pat,

I hope to have my site ready for you to do a report on in a few days.
Since I'm using Concrete5 CMS to build my site, it's taking me longer than expected because when I run into a problem, I don't have anyone to ask for help. (sine not many people use it)

I spoke to someone from another forum (who builds sites for a living) by phone today and he got me straightened out on a few issues and helped explain how to get some keywords in my page URLs. I still can't get them in the title, but it's a start.

Now it's time to write the copy for my pages and work in some keywords...