PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use husqvarna zero turns

OutdoorServicesIowa
03-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm thinking of adding another zero turn to my stable and just curious if the husqvarnas are any good for commercial work. They are priced pretty decent just not sure how they hold up. So anyone wanna chime in? Thanks in advance

MountainViewGreenskeeper
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
As I do not own one I can only comment so much. How ever I do own a husq chain saw. Its held up so far but I'm going to git rid of it. Not because it hasnt been a great product but because it was bought buy a sear subsidiary, forget witch one, and supposedly the quality has gone down. So every commercial supplier just about in our area has dropped them. So from that stand point alone I would say dont get one.

Im sure you will hear from plenty of other people on here that husq is great. Hard to tell for sure anymore about there quality...

DillonB92
03-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I dont own a Husqvarna ZT but i have many Husqvarna Products. First one i bought a lawn mower. 21 inch deck with Kohler Engine on it. Cut the yard Beautiful, but I have only had it for a year and a half and have already had to put 3 new starters on it? I don't know why.
Next I bought the Husqvarna 128 Weedeater. Not Commercial but it is still amazing machine. Haven't had any problems. I also have a Husqvarna 125B blower and it did the job i needed it too with no problems. Here recently how ever it has been just dieing. Prob just carb needs a little work from neglect of use first year i used it. I also have stick edger same engine as my weedeaeter. I have only used it once so i can't really say much about it but the first time i used it i could hardly get it started it ran rough and didn't cut edge to well.
Its been kind of a hit and miss thing with me so far.

wandfsmall
03-04-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm thinking of adding another zero turn to my stable and just curious if the husqvarnas are any good for commercial work. They are priced pretty decent just not sure how they hold up. So anyone wanna chime in? Thanks in advance

It really depends on what ZTR your looking at, if you can buy it at a store that does not have a service center IT IS NOT COMMERCIAL I do not care what the sticker says. Also if the engine sticker says Professional or Commercial on it also they are lying, no true commercial engine says commercial on it(sad but true) Kohler uses Command, Kawasaki uses FX, Honda uses GX, and Briggs uses Vanguard. Husquvarna has also dropped the quality on some products so they can be in the box store, but you can get good stuff at a dealer near by if you have one. As for mowers just remember they make the Poulan stuff and have a history of painting Poulan equipment orange with a husky logo to raise the price:)

MountainViewGreenskeeper
03-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Thats what it was Poulan

wandfsmall
03-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Thats what it was Poulan

No Husquvarna owns poulan, Husquvarna is one of the oldest companies in the world. They started out making guns I think before the revolution. They have lots of products that they make including craftsman. And the quality goes from junk to good equipment threw the brands. The problem is they also like to tell dealers what to do and what other lines they can carry. I got rid of Husquvara because they forgot that I own my business not them.

They make a decent product under the Husquvarna brand, probably the best saws on the market(as long as you do not buy an orange poulan) Another note you can buy a Good quality saw like the old Husquvarna under the Redmax or Johnsared brands as well, so far they do not carry as much of the junk in the lineups.

justin_time
03-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I own a Husqvarna 48 inch 21 HP and IZ4821 and it's giving me mower deck problems.

Here's the proof

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/IMG00062-20100624-1939.jpg

wandfsmall
03-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I own a Husqvarna 48 inch 21 HP and IZ4821 and it's giving me mower deck problems.

Here's the proof

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/IMG00062-20100624-1939.jpg

looks like a bent deck to me.

justin_time
03-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Don't know but we've checked everything from top to bottom and we can't figure anything out

wandfsmall
03-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Don't know but we've checked everything from top to bottom and we can't figure anything out

it is hard to tell from a photo of the cut but it looks to me that the center blade is cutting at an angle. But you could also have to much grass build up under the deck, or even dull or junk mower blades can cause this.

here is a question that could tell me what is it. does the grass look like siding or does it look like missing the 2 rows. because it could just be your going to fast and cutting to much off.

jymie
03-05-2011, 03:02 PM
My guess is that the spindals may be worn and need to be replaced.

jrod14
03-05-2011, 03:14 PM
it is hard to tell from a photo of the cut but it looks to me that the center blade is cutting at an angle. But you could also have to much grass build up under the deck, or even dull or junk mower blades can cause this.

here is a question that could tell me what is it. does the grass look like siding or does it look like missing the 2 rows. because it could just be your going to fast and cutting to much off.

I agree with this post. i have had similiar problems with my troy-bilt...turns out it was that my center blade was a lil loose and my blades had become too dull. another factor is speed as in the previous post. if you go too fast you wont get an even cut. usually the residential zero turns arent made to cut exceedingly fast like the more commercial zero turns. They do get the job done though. try goin a lil slower if all the above is good. hope this helps but its just an agreement with the previous post. also...ck the tire pressure. it can cause this as well. not really bad but every now and then it can do this.

justin_time
03-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I agree with this post. i have had similiar problems with my troy-bilt...turns out it was that my center blade was a lil loose and my blades had become too dull. another factor is speed as in the previous post. if you go too fast you wont get an even cut. usually the residential zero turns arent made to cut exceedingly fast like the more commercial zero turns. They do get the job done though. try goin a lil slower if all the above is good. hope this helps but its just an agreement with the previous post. also...ck the tire pressure. it can cause this as well. not really bad but every now and then it can do this.

Yeah, we checked all that with my mechanic, we checked the spindles, check the blades, adjusted the deck, checked the tire pressure

jymie
03-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Found some answers here, maybe they may help?

http://www.maybenow.com/My-Husqvarna-riding-mower-is-cutting-Uneven.It-39s-short-on-the-outside-and-higher-in-the-middle.why-q6710723

Another thought, do you sharpen your blades? If so, an unbalanced blade could also cause what your seeing.

justin_time
03-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Found some answers here, maybe they may help?

http://www.maybenow.com/My-Husqvarna-riding-mower-is-cutting-Uneven.It-39s-short-on-the-outside-and-higher-in-the-middle.why-q6710723

Another thought, do you sharpen your blades? If so, an unbalanced blade could also cause what your seeing.

Yes, I sharpen my blades every week, they get dull in like 3 or 4 days depending on my work. I have also tried getting an original set of blades since I had bought some mulching ones before. I'll check that out and read it