PDA

View Full Version : First time posting

r.seals
03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Just trying this out for the first time. Have read some valuable info here and wanted to say thanks for the input. R. Seals

Steve
03-04-2011, 02:34 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you looking to improve upon with your business this year?

r.seals
03-05-2011, 02:57 PM
We have been in business for 4 years, started with a push mower like a lot of others. We have a great deal of competion in our area, but we have managed to grow steadily by mostly word of mouth. We ran our first yellow page ads this past year. Surprisingly our growth is steady even in this economy. Of course we are in Central Florida, that helps.
The area's we are currently working on improving is tightening up our routes . We desparately need to establish a tighter customer base between Point A and Point B. We live within 4 miles of 4 county lines so we get calls ranging from 1 to 40 miles. The accounts that are further away are commercial accounts and we want to build in that same direction with the least expense in advertising. If we could build more of a residential base between here and there is would definetly be more cost effective in time and fuel. Any suggestions?

Steve
03-06-2011, 04:28 AM
Two things stand out that seem to work for members here.

The first is using the cloverleaf marketing method (http://lawnchat.com/?p=156) around current customers.

The second is using direct mail marketing (http://lawnchat.com/?p=1945) to hit customers in a given area where you want to increase your customer concentration.

Would both or either of those marketing methods fit into your business model?

Corwin
03-06-2011, 02:30 PM
My name is Corwin. I am just gettin going with my own buisness. So many things I don't know, as I am very greatfull to Steve and this site for the knolage of the community to help newcommers like myself. That being said I am looking at a Toro Proline SFS 44" walk behind for $500. Good mower, good buy? what ya think?

Corwin
03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I am place a lot of importance on having a fitting name and am having a bit of trouble. My name is name is Corwin First witch is unique so I would like to incorperate it into my company name. The type of buisness I envision is an all encompasing landscape company, therefore my company name should reflect the services I intend to provide. Thanks in advance for your ideas.

jymie
03-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Perhaps, Corwin Landscaping & Lawn Care Service

Steve
03-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Hi Crowin,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in that specific mower you are talking about? If you are just starting out, did you consider starting with a smaller push mower at least initially? Or no?

Corwin
03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Well Steve I am big on professional apperance. I just don't feel commpetent in charging the rates I need to be viable with lesser equipment. I have since bought the mower witch came with another complete one less an engine, so I have a parts unit or for one engine I have a second machine.

950thomas
03-07-2011, 09:44 PM
If u want to play with the big boys u better charge like them no matter what kind of appearance u have yet

Steve
03-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Well Steve I am big on professional apperance. I just don't feel commpetent in charging the rates I need to be viable with lesser equipment.

Since you upgraded your equipment, do you feel more comfortable now charging more?

Have your customers made any comments about your equipment either before or after?

Do you feel this was something they had more of an issue with or do you feel this was more you?