PDA

View Full Version : Login Servers

jklawncare
03-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Hello, Im finalizing my website and i dont want to host it or advertise it unless i ahve a login for customers. That is the main reason i want one. It would be easy to access they're accounts. Even if i couldnt set up a paypal type thing on them. I would like them to be able to view a invoice that i could update weekly, Give reminders and special events through it.

Something Basic

Does anyone have something like this? or know how to build something like this?
i know it involves PHP and Mysql servers from what ive learned but i havnt gotten into much detail.

The Cleaning Doctor
03-02-2011, 11:19 PM
This can be accomplished with a plug in within WordPress.

You create an invoice and it emails them a PDF and a link to view and pay online. You can not see the invoice unless you use the secure link. If you just navigate to the page without the link the page is blank.

Steve
03-04-2011, 01:59 AM
You can also set up a paypal button where the customer can click on it and fill in the amount they need to pay.

That wouldn't involve any programming, other than copying and pasting the button embed code, given to you from paypal.

Does any of this help?

wandfsmall
03-04-2011, 09:56 AM
you might also look at Joomla, they have a plugin that will automatically bill the customer every month. or you can put up something like tigercrm in the background to do your billing.

jklawncare
03-04-2011, 04:29 PM
i dont want just the pay pal though

i want them to be able to log in
then it will bring them to a screen where they can view there current invoice
and there could be a paypal link inside of that

but then the page would also have updates, schedule delays for weather, special offers. stuff like that

The Cleaning Doctor
03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Now you are getting into some $$$$ because you are talking about databases and such that will be needed along with custom programming.

My suggestion for you is to keep it simple.

The first part describes exactly what WordPress can do (I don't know about the others) but you do not log in, you use the secure link it sends to you.

The part with the updates is where you get into the coding that needs to be done.

jklawncare
03-04-2011, 05:38 PM
the login would be like a secure link
it would bring them too the page on its own though
and the page would have a couple updates that i would manually put on there, an image of there invoice, and a pay pal button

The Cleaning Doctor
03-04-2011, 05:43 PM
This is the one that I use

http://www.wordpress3invoice.com/tour/

jklawncare
03-04-2011, 05:45 PM
This is the one that I use

http://www.wordpress3invoice.com/tour/

yes but does that just password encrypt an email? I dont want it to be an email.

i want it to be almost like a facebook, or login for here. as far as ive learned. all thats needed is some html coding, php coding, and a mysql database.

wandfsmall
03-04-2011, 08:05 PM
i want it to be almost like a facebook, or login for here. as far as ive learned. all thats needed is some html coding, php coding, and a mysql database.
I assure you what your asking for is FAR from basic. I am not sure of anything that will work without a lot of coding. Maybe we could get a few to work together and create one that will integrate into gopher software for a full web experance

jklawncare
03-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I assure you what your asking for is FAR from basic. I am not sure of anything that will work without a lot of coding. Maybe we could get a few to work together and create one that will integrate into gopher software for a full web experance

I know its not basic. But i personally dont think it could be too hard.
I like the idea about integrating it with Gopher
maybe steve would take that into consideration.

Ive taken a few web design classes and i know my way around web programming pretty well. Ive just never actually taken the time outside of class to upload a site..mostly because i dont have the money to pay for it to be hosted. But also because ive had no reason to make a website besides my company. And even then it wasnt in the advanced stages of its life whatsoever. Still isnt.

I'm sure steve has some experience in this as..well..were all on profiles right now..maybe he will have some advice to offer.

It honestly shouldnt be that complicated, With the number of forums there are on the internet..alot of them are home made..if we could figure this out together and get it down right.

We could post it on the forum for all the members to integrate into there website. It would be a big help for customers in my opinion. Its a simple way of taking credit and debit.

Steve
03-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Well, why not start with something simple and start doing a little php coding? Show us what you did and maybe others can jump in. Then you could scale it up.

I got some code here in the lawnmail project (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=10756&highlight=lawnmail) that might help jump start this for you.

The Cleaning Doctor
03-06-2011, 01:01 AM
The only problem I can see is liability for personal information getting out.

What I mean is that if you use the email like WordPress does then you are as secure as their email account. You have no responsibility for this at all.

On the other hand with all the hacking that goes on these days, you leave yourself open to having your customer information stolen. If they can hack into credit card companies then they can certainly hack into anything you create.

Not saying that you do not have the knowledge to do this but rather that there are those out there that know a lot more.

This is just one thing you need to consider.

jklawncare
03-06-2011, 01:16 AM
The only problem I can see is liability for personal information getting out.

What I mean is that if you use the email like WordPress does then you are as secure as their email account. You have no responsibility for this at all.

On the other hand with all the hacking that goes on these days, you leave yourself open to having your customer information stolen. If they can hack into credit card companies then they can certainly hack into anything you create.

Not saying that you do not have the knowledge to do this but rather that there are those out there that know a lot more.

This is just one thing you need to consider.

I wouldnt keep there card information on a database though

There would be a paypal link as normal inside there profile page so id be under no liability for that.

The only thing personal in there would be a copy of there invoice.
And for that i would not even need to put ther ename and contact info on it as you would a normal invoice..

it would just be a login..going to a paper stating how much you owe and breaking it up into sections like an invoice without the info on the top.

then there would be special offers etc etc

wandfsmall
03-06-2011, 10:46 AM
if you have names addresses and how much they owe, you will not have anything of value on the site to a hacker. Now if you store credit card info then you have a problem. By the way the average wordpress, Joomla, or Drupal sites have names and addresses in them. I would not worry as much about the security of the program if you build on one of those platforms.

jymie
03-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Any merchant platform has built in defenses against hacking I would think.

jklawncare
03-06-2011, 01:49 PM
yeah, there would be no credit card information saved into the server.
everything would be done through a paypal button.