PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on a Quote

jklawncare
03-02-2011, 01:02 AM
I got a quote request. This person is about 45 minutes away but i could really use the extra cash to start out the season.

Could you tell me what you would charge? how i could base a quote on this? what equipment i will need for sure?

Here is the information he has sent me.

My neighbor and i will both be getting ours done together. They are both pretty much identical. The area im looking to get done is about 210 by 81. with a 20' square fire pit area and a 10'x10' shed, that will be the only obstacles. My neighbors is pretty similar without any obstacles. Its all pretty much flat. But it is rough with a few mounds running the width of each of our yards. We'd both like them tilled, graded, flattened to the best of your ability, with proper drainage in between the yards. We would like this done as soon as possible too. I have been looking to rent a machine, but i dont have a truck big enough to pull it. And with delivery i might as well just have someone come and give me a quote. If its a good price that is.

jklawncare
03-02-2011, 07:41 PM
If you guys could give me any insight into how you would bill this id appreciate it so much..it could really get me rolling this season. I have arrangements to rent a trailer and bigger cultivator if need be. But im fuzzy on how to bill it.

Steve
03-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Ok so you are going to be bidding on two properties to till, grade, and flatten their lawn?

Have you looked at the property yet? Have you ever performed this service?

How long are you estimating it will take you to perform each step? Do you have the equipment? If not, how much to rent it?

What about reseeding the property? How will that be handled?

jklawncare
03-02-2011, 07:54 PM
he isnt concerned with the seeding steps just yet..only tilling, grading, and flattening

ive done the job but on a smaller scale..gardens and such.

i will be renting the equipment..

i dont know if you would advise a bobcat and attachments or individual machines.

i will be billing it at once..the two neighbors will be paying together..i suppose it would be better to bill each one individually however to protect myself a little more.