PDA

View Full Version : Brand New...

devine.pk
03-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I was recently honorably discharged from the Marine Corps and am now attending school. However, as work is somewhat hard to come by, especially a job that accommodates school and is full time with benefits, I have decided to start up a simple lawn service. Starting out, I am only going to offer mowing, edging, and weed-eating. As my experience grows (or a clients asks), I will add more services. I was going to pass out 1000 fliers to homes in my area, with the hopes of being able to lock in around 30 clients to start with. After that, I'm not too sure. Any and all suggestions are appreciated, as I come to this forum looking to learn from all of you who have done it successfully.

Thanks,

Steve
03-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to use your background story in your marketing? I bet it could potentially be really helpful. Also, did you come up with a business name yet? Did you want to tie in your business name with your background? Something like Veteran Lawn Care or something like that to tie it all in?

devine.pk
03-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comment. I was initially going to use my last name, but after reading your response, I've decided to take your advice, and I think it is for the better! My fliers will be ready tomorrow, and I am going to use them as business cards (since I've read that door hangars do not have a good response rate).

Steve
03-08-2011, 08:41 PM
What did you decide to go with?

Can we see what you created with your flyers?