PDA

View Full Version : Feedback please

siglawn
03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
We just rolled out a new website.

We noticed that we had a lot of people visiting our old site but not following through with a request for an estimate. The main thrust of this new site was to hopefully make it easier to contact us. Do think it will work? Feedback appreciated!

www.signaturelawnservices.com (http://www.signaturelawnservices.com)

The Cleaning Doctor
03-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Nice looking site. You might want to emphasize the FREE part with ALL CAPS bold Underline italics or all FOUR

Maybe even a color change in the title

I would wait and see what happens over the next month or so as the season kicks off before making any changes.

siglawn
03-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback

I will take that into account. I think you're right though. I may just keep an eye on the traffic stats for a month or so and see if people are converting. It might be interesting to see what kind of difference just adding a bold to the word free will make after I have had some time to track visitors. I have read that tiny changes can make a huge difference in conversions. It will be fun to test that theory.

Ducke
03-01-2011, 04:31 PM
The Face Book and twitter buttons don't work.
other then that its a nice clean site.

Steve
03-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Do you have a goal of a certain % of the people visiting your site, to get them to fill out the estimate form?

Could you experiment with some inducements to see if that helps?

siglawn
03-02-2011, 07:18 AM
@Ducke
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to make those links active.

@Steve
I think we would like at least a 10% increase over last year. Off the top of my head I can't remember what the conversion rate was last year. I do remember examining the traffic stats last year and thinking that we could do a lot better on conversions.

Steve
03-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Do you track when people call you, if they had visited your website too?

It might be that people just find it easier to call instead of filling out a form?

siglawn
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Do you track when people call you, if they had visited your website too?

It might be that people just find it easier to call instead of filling out a form?

Actually yes we do try to track that. The stats won't be completely accurate no matter how hard we try though.

This year the website definitely seems to be producing more results over last year. But that may just be due to the fact that we are ranking better in the search engines this year over last.