PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone - noob here

ovbarter@gmail.com
02-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Would like to introduce myself. I'm Todd form Steubenville Ohio, I'm here for tips and suggestions starting out and this looks like an awesome resource. My website is named http://www.mrtodds-lawncare.com I just put it up with wordpress let me know what you think

Thanks
Todd

LawnMoore
02-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Hey Todd, welcome to the forum!

What have you done previously that lead you to creating a lawn care service?

Im Jimmie, if you have any questions about anything dont hesitate to pm me!

FloridaBoy
02-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Welcome Todd.

Good luck getting started. Just as Jimmie stated just ask and we will do are best to put you on the right track.
Key words are to JUST ASK.

Steve
03-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I was just checking out your site, do you have a way for customers to email through your site or no?

ovbarter@gmail.com
03-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks everyone for the great welcome!!! Im starting the lawn care biz to get back on my feet after a couple terrible years. I thought it would be something easy to get into and that anybody could do it. WRONG! there seems to be a huge amount knowledge that goes along with being a GOOD grass pro. basically I have a new found respect for the industry and thank you for this great website with tons of great info

FloridaBoy
03-02-2011, 07:43 PM
THANK YOU......THANK YOU......THANK YOU........
Everybody thinks that trying to operate a lawn service is as easy as cutting there own yard....NOT....haha.
You just learned one of the best lessons in this industry when starting out. Way to go.:cool:

Steve
03-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I thought it would be something easy to get into and that anybody could do it. WRONG! there seems to be a huge amount knowledge that goes along with being a GOOD grass pro. basically I have a new found respect for the industry and thank you for this great website with tons of great info

What kind of issues have you been running into since you got started? What do other new lawn care business owners need to be looking out for?

Liberty Landscaping LLC
03-09-2011, 05:51 PM
I have been on the site for a year and just started posting today. I have been doing lawn maintenance for going on 3 seasons now. Welcome Tod this is a great site for information and no one bashes people for lack of knowledge which I love. I just built a site too. Check it out www.libertylndscpng.com
I have just started advertising. I was told to have a contact me section as well as offer discounts through your site. Testimonials are great to have a few customers log in and fill them out. I have asked mine to but they haven't yet. Photos of jobs help to I was told. I have to take some this year.

Gls
03-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Todd,
I brefly looked at the site. I am trying to get ideas myself. Just a question, did you mean to put "services service" in the statement on your main page? I may be reading it wrong but seems like a double typed word.

Steve
03-10-2011, 02:23 AM
libertylndscpng.com

I like the site and how you carry along the theme of liberty with the American flag at top.

What made you decide to go with this name and theme? I bet there is a great behind the scenes story to it.

ovbarter@gmail.com
03-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Todd,
I brefly looked at the site. I am trying to get ideas myself. Just a question, did you mean to put "services service" in the statement on your main page? I may be reading it wrong but seems like a double typed word.

It's a typo thanks for letting me know.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
03-11-2011, 02:10 AM
Steve
Thanks for the questions. There is actually supposed to be a statue of Liberty on the site to but it won't load still working on that one maybe tommorow I will figure it out. I am extremely Patriotic if you didn't gather. I love hats esp when working outside I am fair skinned and the sun doesn't like me as well as it keeps the sweat out of my eyes, anyway I where Ground Zero, FDNY, NYPD, and other hats of that type while working and a lot of customers like it. I do it for me tho. I was at Liberty State Park across from the World Trade Towers on 9/11/01 (Never Forgotten). I saw the smoke billowing and saw the tower #2 fall from a bridge (I started to cry and I am man enough to admit that) hell everyone in the ambulance did. The plan was to ferry them across to us and we would take the injured to NJ hospitals to cut down on the overcrowding in NY. Sadly we didn't have anyone to take they all perished. I am active in EMS and I am a Law Enforcement Officer in NJ. I love my country and it's my way of helping those that help us by offering Public Service emplyees, Military, and Veterans a discount as my site shows. I market to these folks alot. In the winter if there is an ambulance police car or fire truck I put my plow down and clear a path. If they are going to a call I ask them if they want to follow me as I know the area very well esp for the ambulance and the police (fire trucks don't get stuck easy) I will clear a path to there call. They love it and say " Hey Derek From Liberty Landscaping just took care of us" it's gotten me some business. Any little bit helps I help them and they help me. I have gotten a lot of hand shakes going to these places to pass out flyers because word got around about what I did and will continue to do. At any rate my cards have the flag and statue in them also. My shirts and hoodies the background is the flag. Love your Nation and always thank a Veteran! A lot have made the ultimate sacrifice. Any person in uniform at a resturant or bar I buy there meal or a drink without them knowing. Sometimes they find out and thank me but thats not why I do it. It's my little way of showing we appreciate them. Esp. with these *******s protesting funerals!!! There first ammendment right is not superceded by my Second Ammendment rights and my Cuffs!!!!! I will lock someone up for that!!!! Some people are unbelievable. If you don't like it no one is keeping you in this country. Sorry just saw that on the news and went on a little rant. Thats the story Steve. Sorry for the spelling and gramer its 2 am....

Steve
03-11-2011, 10:44 PM
In the winter if there is an ambulance police car or fire truck I put my plow down and clear a path. If they are going to a call I ask them if they want to follow me as I know the area very well

This is great! Did you ever consider having someone take a picture of this and help you send in a press release to the local paper about this? This would make for a great story.

Did you ever consider having a mural painted on your truck that encapsulated all this? Here is something I found on the back of a fire truck.

Are you a volunteer with the EMS? Are there things you can do to tie in your business and your ems service? Like maybe pull some kind of annual fund raiser together?