PDA

View Full Version : Hello

etoye81
02-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Eric and am starting a full service lawncare biz this Spring. I live in Northern Illinois so I intend on plowing over the winters also. I plan on mowing (edging,trimming) fertilizing/weed controll programs, core aerations, slit-seed, dethatch and pest control also. I have already obtained my applicator's license. Looking to atleast break-even 1st year due to high costs of equipment, products. Teamed up with marketing firm to get the name out there. any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks guys

Steve
02-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things has your marketing firm been suggesting you do so far? How are you utilizing them?

Also what made you choose to go with a marketing firm, vs doing it yourself?

etoye81
02-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi there, thanks for the feedback. The owner of the marketing firm is a personal friend and offered his assistance, otherwise I be doing the marketing myself. I've done the basics-website,biz cards,on-line search optimizer and a a mailing campaign of 10,000 postcards to various demographics. I purchased a lawn route of 75 clients already from a friend who is getting out of the biz so things are going well even before the weather breaks here in northern IL. will post more.

BnLLm
02-28-2011, 12:05 PM
First off, welcome to the business.

In michigan, our company used to do fertilizer/pesticides until the prices of them went up a lot, even going through a wholesaler. We got rid of that service because we could not compete with the big boys that ONLY do pesticide/fertilizing. For the amount of customers that we had who wanted that service, we couldn't even break even with the price paid vs income of the service provided. I'm not sure how the prices are there, but I wish you the best of luck!

Steve
03-01-2011, 05:56 PM
I've done the basics-website,biz cards,on-line search optimizer and a a mailing campaign of 10,000 postcards to various demographics.

Has the marketing firm that is handling your account worked with other lawn care businesses?

Did you already send this out? Are there plans to send more out in the future?

Also why did you go with 10,000?

our company used to do fertilizer/pesticides until the prices of them went up a lot, even going through a wholesaler. We got rid of that service because we could not compete

What services did you decide to go with to fill the void?