PDA

View Full Version : Been out for a while

swstout
02-26-2011, 12:34 AM
I have turned my business over to my wife and oldest son. I had a stroke following an auto accident where I had a compound fracture of my left leg and a clot caused the stroke. I have lost control of my left side but PT is helping.

The guy who ran a red light and hit me had a blood alcohol level of 2.0! My wife had a concussion and was in the hospital for 3 days also.

Typing is difficult but improving. Lots of typos. Hope to be back on more often.

Steve

LawnMoore
02-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Oh my gosh Steve, this is terrible :confused:

I hope you recover! Im so sorry to hear this, also hope the guy had insurance, and you get what you deserve out of it.

Good luck & Get well soon!

picframer
02-26-2011, 04:26 AM
I was wondering where you were and I am really sorry to read this and hope you recover soon.

majoe7
02-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Our Prayers and thoughts with you and your family through this trying time. Good to see you back on here, wishing the circumstances were different though. You can always count on your wife and family. :-)

The Cleaning Doctor
02-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Prayers for a full recovery. Good to see you back.

This my friends is exactly why you NEED to grow your business so that you do not have to work in the business. How would you survive if this happened to you? Your company needs to be able to support you without you being there as we are not invincible.

Steve I hope you have a tremendous year and take it easy.

Hedgemaster
02-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Wow. Sorry to hear that.

I'll say a prayer that you both recover fully (and quickly).

Steve
02-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Steve we have missed you! I hope you keep on with your recovery! We look forwards to having you back on here with us soon!

thomas206
03-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Wow, that is so tragic. Glad to hear you're still alive though, praise God. I pray you have a quick and fast recovery**let this time give you peace and much love to you and your family.

swstout
03-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I get my cast off next Monday. Cant wait. So far insurance has covered all bills.

Negotiating loss of income and pain and suffering with insurance company and my lawyer. He says it will probably take another month.

Getting use of my left side back more and more every day. Typing is getting easier (fewer corrections). Getting to the computer is the problem (the cast goes from my ankle to my waist).

Main problem, gained 20 pounds. My activity level has been greatly diminished.

Steve

Steve
03-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Oh wow! Once you get the cast off, will there be some kind of rehabilitation to get your leg to flex better again after being casted for the time it has?

swstout
03-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Unfortunately, they say I will probably have 6-8 weeks additional rehab. I go M-W-F now for the partial paralysis from the stroke. The paralysis is on my left side and the cast is on my left leg.

Steve

bruces
03-14-2011, 01:53 AM
my 81 year old dad had a stroke about 6 years back,other than the blood thinners bugging him [took some time to figure what worked for him] ,and for some reason he goes to bed by 8 pm ,he has zero other issues .An active guy like yourself should net the same result .

Steve
03-14-2011, 04:01 AM
Steve keep us posted on how it all goes. I am glad though the doctors have you on a road to recovery with all this.