PDA

View Full Version : A few prices!

LawnMoore
02-24-2011, 06:23 AM
Hey guys!

Im looking to get a general idea of a few of "everyone's Prices". Also i encourage anyone to talk about the differences in prices!

Ill post the best way i can think to rate mine, and look for your best idea on your rate for the same service. If you have a different service, feel free to post it.

1/2 acre mow - 1x monthly = 40 / 30 each weekly
1 acre mow - Monthly = 75 / 50 weekly
3+ acres mow - monthly per acre = 50 / Nvr had anyone want 3 acres mowed weekly lol..
All of those are not including overgrown charges, which can be anywhere from 25+ per acre depending on grade and potential hazards

No yards under 1/2 acre around here.. yet.

Leaf Removal - 250 per acre / 200 per acre piled in 1 pile per acre or more upon request.
Basic Mulch bed(tater hoe old grass out) - Ill edit this soon, i believe i get 50$ per 3inch deep sq yard, (will edit though, might be wrong)

Trim Palm trees(including cleanup) -
head high, trimmable with chainsaw - 5-20$
above head high, trimmable with pole saw - 10-25$
Above 15", must be climbed or aerial lifted - 25-50+$ (25 minimum, and that usually if they have 10+ and they arent bad, also close to a dump facility. 50 minimum @ 1-2 depending on severity of debris and type, could be more, in ritzy neighborhoods)
all of those prices include basic booting @ head, 1' or less
Booting palms over 1' of boots - 10-20 per foot depending on age, as this plays a role in how easy they come off.

Thats about all i can think of now, all mowing is priced with 1 edge every other month minimum.

Anctious to hear others prices, on mowing, and palm trees too i guess ;)

Im on the gulf coast of florida btw.

Might any of my pricing be off, compared to your experiences?

also i have no idea about charging for these services, but would love ideas:

Hedge trimming - roughly +/-

CHEESE2009
02-24-2011, 09:14 AM
The thing which I don't remember being answered was;

When those who charge by the square foot, are you charging for the entire size of the lot - or are you charging for the lawn only.

I charge by the lawn only (plus the additional charges for obstacles, etc). I have met competition who charge for the full lot and just don't understand why... ?

LawnMoore
02-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Yea, lol i have just been charging by the lot size, and honestly, going by what the homeowner said!

I have a wheel, so i need to engrave this into my brain now.. Measure ALL Jobs!

However, i would like to know then, how much do you charge per square foot? I will use both formulas, on 2 diff properties and see whats going on.

My biggest quarrell with this is how sq ft charging is outrageous @ 1+ acre

So its great for those 10-25k sq ft lawns, but when i go to the acreage homes, i cannot charge by the sq ft, unless its a discounted rate.

So when i do sally's 15k sq ft lawn for the same amount as i do Johns 1 acre for, they might get together on friday night and decide 1 will go elsewhere.

Unless i get a minimum? I have no complaint about a minimum price!

I just want to be making money/profit and not lowballing/working for free.

LawnMoore
02-25-2011, 02:55 AM
I was just doing some thinking over another post, and thought of a decent formula for me to try, or discuss:

1 acre lots = 50/week - 65/10day - 75/bi-weekly - 100/1 cut per month

Does anyone have any similar 1 acre properties they do, this is based upon an average 1 acre lot, with normal line trimming.

Thanks!

cruzgardening
02-25-2011, 04:10 AM
I was just doing some thinking over another post, and thought of a decent formula for me to try, or discuss:

1 acre lots = 50/week - 65/10day - 75/bi-weekly - 100/1 cut per month

Does anyone have any similar 1 acre properties they do, this is based upon an average 1 acre lot, with normal line trimming.

Thanks!

hi how are you?

well i live in the suburbs of Southern California and there aren't that many 1 acre accounts so i have lots of residential properties the average home lot is 3,000sq ft so most of the accounts i have are about 3,000sq ft properties there is a front yard divided by the house from the back yard and the average price for the service is $35 per service now if they want fertilizing seeding and trimming as needed it adds another $10-$15 per service

palm trees -i charge $75 per palm tree to for full clean up
this does not include what we charge for cleaning the skirt also taller than 15ft we charge about 90-100

i charge $180 for seeding and adding topsoil for leveling and taking care of holes

thats just what i can think of

oh trimming if not included in their service is $60/hr with $15 minimun

we offer lots of other garden jobs so hope this helps :)

Steve
02-25-2011, 02:40 PM
1/2 acre mow - 1x monthly = 40 / 30 each weekly
1 acre mow - Monthly = 75 / 50 weekly
3+ acres mow - monthly per acre = 50 / Nvr had anyone want 3 acres mowed weekly lol..
All of those are not including overgrown charges, which can be anywhere from 25+ per acre depending on grade and potential hazards

No yards under 1/2 acre around here.. yet.

Leaf Removal - 250 per acre / 200 per acre piled in 1 pile per acre or more upon request.
Basic Mulch bed(tater hoe old grass out) - Ill edit this soon, i believe i get 50$ per 3inch deep sq yard, (will edit though, might be wrong)

Trim Palm trees(including cleanup) -
head high, trimmable with chainsaw - 5-20$
above head high, trimmable with pole saw - 10-25$
Above 15", must be climbed or aerial lifted - 25-50+$ (25 minimum, and that usually if they have 10+ and they arent bad, also close to a dump facility. 50 minimum @ 1-2 depending on severity of debris and type, could be more, in ritzy neighborhoods)
all of those prices include basic booting @ head, 1' or less
Booting palms over 1' of boots - 10-20 per foot depending on age, as this plays a role in how easy they come off.

How important is it for you to know how much time you are spending on each job too? I would think time and cost would both be pretty important to compare.

Also, do you have a goal of what you want to shoot for per hour as far as income goes?