PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Mulchers, Please help!

LawnMoore
02-24-2011, 05:59 AM
What is this truck leaf vaccum???

A fabricated box trailer, that has the old sucker/shredder off of a pull behind unit?

Or is there somewhere to buy just the leaf shredder with hose?

Im very interested in making myself an leaf collection trailer, these acres of leaves are just too much to tarp, when i could get a leaf blade for my mower and a leaf sucking/shredding trailer!

Upscale2
02-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I use a Little Wonder Leaf Vac....16 horse is plenty, it attaches to my truck, not a pull behind. Very effective. If you tarp you're crazy.:D

LawnMoore
02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
I use a Little Wonder Leaf Vac....16 horse is plenty, it attaches to my truck, not a pull behind. Very effective. If you tarp you're crazy.:D

I use a bed liner, same thing.. im going crazy!

What did you pay for this, what model do you have, do you have the setup in the back of your truck that holds the collection??

Thanks, looking for more info!

LawnMoore
02-24-2011, 03:47 PM
For 2 thousand + dollars!!

I might not be making a leaf collection trailer.. i really expected to maybe think i could find just the engine and shredder i could fabricate in my trailer for around 800 or less..

Owell, maybe next year ;)

Steve
02-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Did you look on craigslist or ebay for the parts and then make all the rest of it?

LawnMoore
02-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Yea i have, im going to go back to ebay now, and refine my searches to try and find the deal i need.

However i think if i bought the "pro/premium model" @ 2500 i bet it would pay for itself in the first month of leaf removals.

However its the getting 2500 to do this, as now i have about 5500.00 but its for a new truck.

So if i can find the deal on a truck, i may can afford a nice shredder.

Also! - > I will need to figuere how i will haul the leaves, maybe i can attack the shredder to my trailer, if not i might want to look for a dump kit for the truck i buy. Which as we know will run another 500-1500 dollars ballpark.

I might can score a nice longwheel base 2001 f-150 for arounf 3k, then i wil have atleast half of the money for shredder and dump kit.

This is why im always iso "good deals" - Guys dont get me wrong, a deal isnt always a "good Deal" so i have to be carefull and spend more time to get my best deals.

Topic info update: How are you guys who have the shredders, storing the leaves?

Triailer, or self fashioned sides on pickup bed? Or what?

DillonB92
02-26-2011, 12:14 AM
That truck mount is pretty BA! Where do you find the prices?

LawnMoore
02-26-2011, 12:28 AM
That truck mount is pretty BA! Where do you find the prices?

Ebay ofc :lol: (they range from 1999.00 - 3499.00)

I will not be buying new, i know that..

However i did find a used unit for 200 and another for 300!

5hp and 8 hp :o

I will wait till next week, however they both end on auction tomorrow.. Im trying to find out if he will ship it to me also, safely i hope. as he said pickups only :mad: so its wither i get the used 300$ model or i wait till next week after i buy a truck.