PDA

View Full Version : New Member Big Cat

bigcatben
02-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Good afternoon,
I am a 23 year old student from Charlotte NC. I was recently let go from my previous job and the lawn and landscape industry has always been a big part of my life. Theres nothing better than working outside and making a yard that you have put work into and making it look great. I have done quite a few jobs around my neighborhood and surrounding areas just for friends and family. I am taking some classes on horticulture and landscape design and wanted to start up a small business while I am working towards my degree.
I have the basic equipment and being that I was recently laid off and have other bills coming in, I need to do this with a low start up cost. I have read some of the other postings but I would like to just get a general idea of the best way to getting the clientele and some ways to market myself at a low cost. Thanks for the great website and hope to get a reply soon.

Steve
02-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Have you talked with your family, friends and neighbors yet about taking care of their property? If you just land a few customers initially, it will help you get an understanding of what you are doing and allow you to scale up as needed.