PDA

View Full Version : Where can i find Bid templates?

cruzgardening
02-22-2011, 02:52 AM
hey guys does anyone know of a template for bidding on a (HOA) Home Owner Association? i have 2 places that i got called from i told them they should get my bid with in the week but i don't have any templates to follow. I want it to look professional but my problem is that i have never writen one, I had a friend at the old Landscaping company i use to work for whom did this for the company but i cant get ahold of him can anyone help?

i know how much to charge but i do not know how to submit the bid/proposal that would be another place i need tips in, thanks :)

Growing Green
02-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Go to this link:

http://www.gopherforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

And look through the many templates. You can also search for HOA. There are many of them.

Matt

Steve
02-23-2011, 03:26 PM
There are a bunch of HOA bids that are discussed on here. Do you know all the services they are looking for? Can you measure and figure out the man hours for each one?

Or are they unsure of what they want?

cruzgardening
02-25-2011, 02:02 AM
There are a bunch of HOA bids that are discussed on here. Do you know all the services they are looking for? Can you measure and figure out the man hours for each one?

Or are they unsure of what they want?

There is a small 10x60 area of lawn everything else is concrete the area is shy of 10,000sq ft there are small bushes and several planters around the buildings, they are condominiun owners who want our service they did not know what they wanted they said they were paying their current gardener about $150 a month but they hated the service, i sent them the proposal yesterday called them today to see if they received it, the manager said they did and he will call me once he meets with the owners tomorrow.

Now when he told me his gardener was charging him $150 a month for the size of the property i couldn't hold it in and i told him that it was waaaay to cheap he agreed and he said that might be why he didnt get what he wanted i gave him a fair price. we will be mowing fertilizing and reseeding fixing broken sprinkler heads and checking the irrigation timer we would also trim anything below 6 feet and use chemicals for weeds and everything else would be an additional service which would be estimated on teh time of the request.

it would take me and my worker about 2hrs to maintain this Units monthly im estimating i might use $20 of parts $20 gas weed killer is about 2-3 times a year so about $1-$2 a month and my worker gets $15/hr so that's $120 a month i calculated about $300 a month for all materials and time for the worker and my pay and machine tune ups so $150 a month for the company i think is good am i undercharging? also i gave them a 2 month deal if tehy choose us they would pay $350 for the first 2 months there after they would pay the full $450 a month, this is only with a contract if they dont sign a contract we will not work with them.

do you guys recommend anything else?

Steve
02-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Is there an overhead map view of this we could see?

Did you ask him what they didn't like about the current gardener? That could help you learn a lot about what they want and what they don't want.

cruzgardening
02-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Is there an overhead map view of this we could see?

Did you ask him what they didn't like about the current gardener? That could help you learn a lot about what they want and what they don't want.

yes i asked him he said they let weeds grow too high, they do not trim as often as needed and they let the grass in the front die every summer i told him this would not happen with our service and outlined it on the proposal and explain when extra charges would kick in.

here are some pictures what do you guys think about the price?

Steve
02-27-2011, 08:26 PM
also i gave them a 2 month deal if tehy choose us they would pay $350 for the first 2 months there after they would pay the full $450 a month, this is only with a contract if they dont sign a contract we will not work with them.

Out of that $450, how much out of that would be profit? Do you feel you would be comfortable taking that $200 hit for those 2 months?

I don't think you need to do that in order to get the job.

and use chemicals for weeds

Also, do you have a license for the chemicals? If you don't, you could run into problems with that.

cruzgardening
02-28-2011, 02:39 AM
calculating the time and the parts we come out getting $100 for the company a month, the first 2 months we would basically come out even but after that we will be profitable. i think

i need to get a chemical license but i dont know where to get it any idea?

Out of that $450, how much out of that would be profit? Do you feel you would be comfortable taking that $200 hit for those 2 months?

I don't think you need to do that in order to get the job.

Also, do you have a license for the chemicals? If you don't, you could run into problems with that.

Steve
03-01-2011, 05:29 PM
You would have to do a search on your state's site for pesticide application information.

calculating the time and the parts we come out getting $100 for the company a month, the first 2 months we would basically come out even but after that we will be profitable.

If you have to basically give away the first two months of service for free, would it be better if you simply found other customers, like residential customers where you could make a profit off them immediately? Or what is your view on that?

cruzgardening
03-02-2011, 02:51 AM
You would have to do a search on your state's site for pesticide application information.

If you have to basically give away the first two months of service for free, would it be better if you simply found other customers, like residential customers where you could make a profit off them immediately? Or what is your view on that?

i took a look at california's site and they dont require much for me to get a linsence and it is well worth it.

about the costumer my business will come out even but i still get paid and my worker gets paid so in a way im still profitable the business is just not making money the first month.

Steve
03-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Keep us posted on how all this turns out.