PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Ads

wdcutter
02-20-2011, 07:11 AM
This year has taken off for me and it started with buying some color-plast signs and placing them on customers yards for snow plowing with a phone #. These brought alot of business that I ended up turning down work and taking them down, as I still have a day job for now.
I just recently sponsored a race car at a local track here, not sure what that will bring, but its a top 5 car and the car runs in the TD Bank 250, which brings in alot people here.
Also am going to be sponsoring a local fishing tourney in July, which the brochures go out to local area businesses.
Still working on a few more different ways to advertise this year, along with local paper ads. My DIL is a marketing student and am looking to her to try some new ideas and help with my own brochures and stuff as I will be doing a local business showcase in the fall via the local COC.

Also went to a home and garden show yesterday wearing a business sweatshirt and ended up making some new networking contacts. One being a state landscape& nursery assoc..

What new ways of advertising has anyone tried this year?

cleancutlawncare5382
02-20-2011, 07:58 AM
I joined the local Chamber of Commerce last week. Members are 500 plus strong of our local business leaders. They have monthly mailers that go out that showcases new members and their services. Also monthly mixers to meet and socialize with other business owners.

In May our town has a May Mart in the park. Vendors from nurseries and other spring activities will be on display. I havenít decided but might set up for Saturday. I thought I could take down some of the equipment and hand out fliers. (That sure yet)

I had luck with advertizing in the local newspaper last year so that will go in middle of March.

The #1 best advertizing for me last year was face to face with home owners. In the spring I drove around the areas I want to work in looking for grass not cut or any other lawn need. Approached the owner and offered to help.

Steve
02-20-2011, 01:38 PM
This year has taken off for me and it started with buying some color-plast signs and placing them on customers yards for snow plowing with a phone #. These brought alot of business that I ended up turning down work and taking them down, as I still have a day job for now.
I just recently sponsored a race car at a local track here, not sure what that will bring, but its a top 5 car and the car runs in the TD Bank 250, which brings in alot people here.

Do you have any pictures of these two things? I'd love to see them.

I joined the local Chamber of Commerce last week.

Keep us posted on how that goes.

wdcutter
02-20-2011, 05:07 PM
here's a couple of the car. The one with my logo was when it was first rubbed and the paper backing hadn't been pulled off.

The car will be in a mall show for 2 weeks in March and I will get a better picture of it then.

Also attached a picture of a couple of my signs, just a simple sign that seemed to work.

Steve
02-21-2011, 07:02 PM
That snow plow sign is fantastic! Nice job on keeping it bold and simple!

How does race car advertising work? What do you feel attracted you to this form of marketing vs others? Do you have to sign an annual agreement? Also how do they figure out costs, size and placement?

wdcutter
02-22-2011, 03:11 PM
That snow plow sign is fantastic! Nice job on keeping it bold and simple!

How does race car advertising work? What do you feel attracted you to this form of marketing vs others? Do you have to sign an annual agreement? Also how do they figure out costs, size and placement?

They sell the ad spots and cost vary on size & placement and the better the car, the more it costs. I was looking for different ways to advertise this year on top of the usual ways and my friend owns the car. They sell the ads by the season and you can do it the next year if you want, no obligation.

On the big race it pretty much shuts area down and alot of people, both local and from out of state come that live here, may have summer homes here, have family that does or maybe will some day.

Steve
02-23-2011, 03:33 PM
When you are sponsoring a race car like that, are there other tie in's you can utilize in your marketing with it?

Can you get a picture of you and your mower in front of the car? Can you get the driver on your mower in front of the car and then use these pics in your advertising? Would anything like this help?