PDA

View Full Version : Good day to all from LawnCare.mobi!

lawncare.mobi
02-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey everyone,

Glad to have found this forum, and thank you to Steve for his resources he helps to provide for business owners in the lawn care service industry.

Looking forward to introducing myself and sharing my mobile marketing knowledge with the rest of the forum.

Kind regards,
LawnCare.mobi

Steve
02-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things should lawn care business owners be looking to do when it comes to mobile marketing?

lawncare.mobi
02-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Hey Steve,

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum. There are various tactics that can be utilized to promote your lawn care services in the mobile market. One advantage is to have a mobile version of your website that current and future customers can access while on the go. I personally like to utilize the use of 2 d barcodes (QR codes) to create the "wow factor" when introducing my business and presenting future clients with my business card. Easy way of creating interest is by posting a poster or the qr code on all your marketing material. Once people ask what is this funny looking thing on your marketing material, you then scan the code with you code reader that you have installed on your phone and it directs them to your product services, coupons, etc. Here is a sample:

http://lawncare.mobi/images/lawncaresmallqrposter.png

Steve
02-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Very interesting.

Do you find many phones out there have such a scanner?

By having such a barcode, a would be customer would scan it off of a door hanger or flyer and it would direct them to a webpage with a specific offer? Does the code also include some sort of tracking number so you know who was using it?

What is your view on why a small business owner should use such codes vs other marketing methods?

lawncare.mobi
02-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Many newer smart phones due come with the bar code scanner application already installed, but if not you just download the application to your smart phone.

You can generate various codes for various marketing methods you want to utilize to promote yourself. You can have it go straight to a mobile version of your website, a current coupon offer you might have going on as a monthly special on your services, or a simple introduction video about your company.

As per my view on why a small business owner should use such codes vs other marketing methods, once people see the codes and are aware of their functions they will be curious to see what offer is behind the code.

As you will notice, these codes are beginning to pop up left and right. Next time you are in best buy look at all their price tags located by their items for sale. When in the grocery store take a look behind the box of the new Kellog's Crunchy Nut Cheerios box. Once you are aware of what they are you will be finding them everywhere.

Steve
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
That is very interesting. I would guess it would make ad tracking much easier if it could send some type of update to a database every time that barcode was accessed.

J.A.S.LawnService
01-28-2014, 02:59 PM
I was just going to ask if anyone uses QR codes. Nice! Do you have a specific program to create. Do you pay for the creation? I am looking for one that leads to my website. I guess I should finish it.

Ty
Paco
J.A.S. Lawn Service

Steve
01-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Have you done a quick internet search for free QR Code Generator?

You will find such sites as

http://goqr.me/
www.qrstuff.com

See if either of those sites help you.