PDA

View Full Version : My New Logo and Commercial ending

MountainViewGreenskeeper
02-17-2011, 11:58 PM
I made this video, with the help of my friend, and wanted some feed back. I kinda envision this going at the end of all our commercials that I want to start putting together. It kinda shows the evolution of our logo in a sense I guess.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GC4ia8ekUII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let me know what you guys think...

Hedgemaster
02-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Not too bad. :)

I like the concept. The "red" throws me off a bit though when I see it and then hear what I can only assume is a lawnmower (I can't see it at this viewing size) running across.

Looking at your "oval" logo alone, I initially had no idea why there was a "crack" in your logo. The "mountain outline" only became obvious with the help of the photography. Those who live there may see it for what it is - I don't know.

LawnMoore
02-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Upon first view, i also thought there was something going on, with the mountains edging, it looked like a bad photoshopped picture until the picture faded and the logo was evident.

Im at a neuteral standpoint at this time on your logo :p

Steve
02-18-2011, 04:55 PM
I like the video.

You could play around with a lot more colors if you wanted too.

If you get a chance, look up desert logos on line and you will see many times they utilize a wide spectrum of colors seen in the desert at sundown. Sometimes a few more colors can really make your logo eye-popping.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
02-18-2011, 05:17 PM
The mowers are more visible if viewed in larger screen was made for 1080p viewing

Looking at your "oval" logo alone, I initially had no idea why there was a "crack" in your logo. The "mountain outline" only became obvious with the help of the photography. Those who live there may see it for what it is - I don't know.

Ya thats kinda what I'm going for. Its one of the most famous mountains in our area so I would hope the people in my area would know it. The only other set is Four Peaks but alot of companies already run with that. Superstition mountains(the one I used) is really the main mountain in the east valley witch is where I live and service properties.

Upon first view, i also thought there was something going on, with the mountains edging, it looked like a bad photoshopped picture until the picture faded and the logo was evident.

Do you think I should straighten it out alittle? I was kinda going for and exact trace of the mountain.

If you get a chance, look up desert logos on line and you will see many times they utilize a wide spectrum of colors seen in the desert at sundown. Sometimes a few more colors can really make your logo eye-popping.

I was kinda going for simple the oval really isnt part of the logo. But to be added when a back round is needed. The main part is just the mountain outline and biz name.

I do agree with the red being alittle.... I dont even know. But wanted it to match our current shirts I guess. Sadly it was the colors that have been the hardest part so far. Or colors are red, orange, black, and white with some green. So finding the right grouping or color sceem has been difficult thus far.

Steve
02-20-2011, 12:47 PM
If you aren't 100% satisfied with it, you might want to look at other logos that incorporate mountains and then see if any of them inspire your own creation.

http://newclimber.com/images/mountainlogos.jpg