PDA

View Full Version : New Website

wandfsmall
02-15-2011, 03:18 PM
We have just opened the doors on our Webstore. As of right now we do not have every product online but we are adding new items by the hour.

our website is www.alloutdoorparts.com (http://www.alloutdoorparts.com)

As for a special we have all Oregon Parts on sale here is an example. And please let me know what you think, I do respond in this forum I am not posting and running to just sell product.

http://www.alloutdoorparts.com/media//Front_Ad_Whole.jpg

Steve
02-15-2011, 03:30 PM
That is cool! Have you ever thought about selling them in packages too? Like a 5 pack or a 10 pack? Do you think packaging like that would help sell more?

wandfsmall
02-15-2011, 03:37 PM
That is cool! Have you ever thought about selling them in packages too? Like a 5 pack or a 10 pack? Do you think packaging like that would help sell more?

I have them in 3pks but not entered in the site as of yet, and when I get a chance I will put in 3, 6 and 9 pks of blades and see what it does. I also have bulk in air filters and soon on oil filters already on the site. The other thing I have thought about is just put price breaks to when someone orders more then just get a discount. It saves the guy having to looking for bulk discounts. I price my stuff so people do not have to beg for good prices, I do not want someone ordering a 6 single blades paying more then the guy that orders the 6pk.

Steve
02-16-2011, 12:12 PM
You should put you website into your user signature (http://www.gopherforum.com/profile.php?do=editsignature)so it appears in every post.

wandfsmall
02-16-2011, 01:49 PM
You should put you website into your user signature (http://www.gopherforum.com/profile.php?do=editsignature)so it appears in every post.

I will when it is done, it is not even on google yet, I wanted to see if I could get a little feedback on design and prices. This is my first webstore I already see I need to divide out the parts into brands and sizes of mowers. And we are bringing in more parts as we insure we can deliver them quickly.

The Cleaning Doctor
02-16-2011, 05:46 PM
I will when it is done, it is not even on google yet, I wanted to see if I could get a little feedback on design and prices. This is my first webstore I already see I need to divide out the parts into brands and sizes of mowers. And we are bringing in more parts as we insure we can deliver them quickly.

You put a live link on here in the first post.... Google knows about it now.

wandfsmall
02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
You put a live link on here in the first post.... Google knows about it now.

yeah but it will not show up very high yet. I will be putting a google shopping feed soon as well. Just think of it this way, you have a premiere of a business in a way:) We have been open for 20 years but this is our first online store. It took me over a year of research to make sure it was safe for shopping.

Steve
02-17-2011, 11:07 AM
I will be putting a google shopping feed soon as well.

What is that?

nnyparts
02-17-2011, 02:55 PM
I see your buying from Oregon. There a good company to deal with when it comes to getting parts for dealers. From what I am seeing its looking good. As you build the categories, you may want to break them down into sub (I assume you are already working on it) categories by brands.

Some of the pitfalls to watch out for

1. Being PCI Compliant.
2. Be careful of scams
3. Don't sell more than you can afford to loose.
4. Remember the customer is not always right, but your the one that is going to loose money when the customer buys the wrong belt, blade, air filter and wants to return it. Your return policy won't hold water on a charge back if the customer gets upset.
5. Finally...try to have fun...its either that or start drinking before 11am

I wish you the best of luck and if I can be of any help...let me know. I feel there is plenty of room for all of us selling on-line.

wandfsmall
02-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I see your buying from Oregon. There a good company to deal with when it comes to getting parts for dealers. From what I am seeing its looking good. As you build the categories, you may want to break them down into sub (I assume you are already working on it) categories by brands.

Some of the pitfalls to watch out for

1. Being PCI Compliant.
2. Be careful of scams
4. Remember the customer is not always right, but your the one that is going to loose money when the customer buys the wrong belt, blade, air filter and wants to return it. Your return policy won't hold water on a charge back if the customer gets upset.
5. Finally...try to have fun...its either that or start drinking before 11am

I wish you the best of luck and if I can be of any help...let me know. I feel there is plenty of room for all of us selling on-line.

I am pci compliant, I use PayPal and Google Checkout so my website does not store credit card info. I pay a little more but it insures a tighter security.

Also my return policy does hold up in IL, but doubt I would enforce it anyway unless someone orders a bunch of rare parts then return them. It also inspires people to look up the right parts.

wandfsmall
02-17-2011, 09:04 PM
What is that?

basically a way to get a store listed better on google. This might be my first web store, but I have had top rated websites before. In fact you once found me due to one of them, I forgot my login so I created a new one.

I was missing for a long time, I was on when you had weekly conference calls. I did get a lot of good ideas from them though, I went from a small shop to having 2 locations. We now have larger buying power and two different sets of distributors. I basically most likely have a better parts availability then any other shop that I know of.

Steve
02-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh! Is this something that by looking on google, we can see some kind of feed? Maybe on their shopping page?

1. Being PCI Compliant.
What is pci compliant?

2. Be careful of scams

What kinds of scams have you found out there others should be aware of and how should this effect one's store and sales online?

Is there a way that this should be dealt with in order to minimize problems?

wandfsmall
02-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Oh! Is this something that by looking on google, we can see some kind of feed? Maybe on their shopping page?

What is pci compliant?

What kinds of scams have you found out there others should be aware of and how should this effect one's store and sales online?

Is there a way that this should be dealt with in order to minimize problems?

PCI is a data security standard. It standards that the credit card companies came up with before you can process credit cards on your site. If for example the site your buying from charges your credit card hours or days after the sale it is most likely not PCI Compliant. He was talking about sites that store your credit card online for hackers to steal. I used Paypal and will be adding google checkout to make sure I am not storing credit cards on my site.

As for Scams not sure exactly what he is talking about other then maybe people using stolen credit cards to buy things. or buying things then saying you never shipped them. I can also see why you would have more charge backs on used parts as it is hard to explain what kind of condition they are in and pictures are hard to see at times.

My return policy is basically to give me a little more strength in a charge back situation. We found we had to put policys on our recepts in our store years ago just to protect ourselves from the crooks. You can always drop the fees for an honest customer.

As for the feed yes that puts it in google shoping