PDA

View Full Version : Hedges Lawn Care & Snow Removal

jeffh
02-15-2011, 01:05 PM
I groomed yards, as my boss made the claim back when I was a teenager. Had an oppurtunity to take the business over and instead went to college. Now here I am 2010 just got started on my own this last year. It started by mowing family and friends. They told others and now I have a small cleint base but it went to snow removal just this last year. I mades some substanial investments to do the snow plowing; have several small commerical cleints. Now the oppurtunity is there to grow the lawn care. Working on that with a website, mailings going out in the next few weeks and reaching out to any other oppurntunities there are to become my own boss and set my sons up in a appearantly growing business still. Hate to say, if I would have stayed in it I probably would be in a nice grossing career.

Steve
02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What is your view on why you decided to get back now versus when you got out of college? Looking back do you feel there are any lessons to be learned from all this that you can pass on to others finding themselves in a similar position you were in?

jeffh
02-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Well the economy has a lot to do with it. I am in a dead end job and have to get out of it. I love the outdoors and always have. It may sound weird, but when I mow it is as if everything is great. Not sure if it is the noise of the mower, the vibration, or the fresh air, I love to mow. There are a lot of oppurtunities out there. I think it is just the timing and not seeing or realizing the oppurtunity before you. Things to pass on, provide great customer service, do the best job you can and the rest will come. Word of mouth is a very powerful marketing tool

Welcome to our forum!

What is your view on why you decided to get back now versus when you got out of college? Looking back do you feel there are any lessons to be learned from all this that you can pass on to others finding themselves in a similar position you were in?

Steve
02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
What kinds of lessons do you feel you were able to learn from your previous lawn care boss that you can now apply to your own business? Do you feel those lessons have helped you out?

LawnMoore
02-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Are there any lessons you learned in college that are paying off now, or have helped you in any way?