PDA

View Full Version : A Postcard for roof cleaning

Klean Kutz
02-14-2011, 07:53 PM
i came up with this, can you guys take a look at it and give me your input pls.

Thanks

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee499/RibbitLandscaping/ribbitroofcleaning.jpg

Klean Kutz
02-14-2011, 08:11 PM
a couple of changes

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee499/RibbitLandscaping/ribbitroofcleaning-1.jpg

jymie
02-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Looks good, is that the real website address at the bottom?

Klean Kutz
02-14-2011, 09:26 PM
no don't have a website ready yet, still working on it, just getting some advertising ready for the local area, playing around with what is eye catching

Ducke
02-15-2011, 08:10 AM
i came up with this, can you guys take a look at it and give me your input pls.

Thanks

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee499/RibbitLandscaping/ribbitroofcleaning.jpg

So how do you clean the roof ??
Do you pressure wash or is it a coating that you apply ?
I have never seen this type of service up here yet.
it looks kind of interesting.

Graham

Steve
02-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Tony can you try a lighter color in the background so we can compare the two?

Klean Kutz
02-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Ya I myself thought the background and lettering was off, ill work on some the pointers and will repost again, thanks for the input

Klean Kutz
02-15-2011, 02:07 PM
So how do you clean the roof ??
Do you pressure wash or is it a coating that you apply ?
I have never seen this type of service up here yet.
it looks kind of interesting.

Graham

Its low pressure, just a little over gardern hose pressure, the chemicl is a detergent that kills the mold after letting it sit for about 25 min, then use a hose connected to a water broom. The profit on this service is high enough to make it worth checking out.. if the process is done right the whole project should take about 2 hours if that. Google it, lots of material on it along with youtube videos

Steve
02-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Ya I myself thought the background and lettering was off, ill work on some the pointers and will repost again, thanks for the input

I am looking forwards to it.

Klean Kutz
02-20-2011, 06:44 PM
ok here are some updates

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee499/RibbitLandscaping/ribbitroofcleaning-2.jpg

how does this look?

Ducke
02-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Now this is my opinion and only my opinion and is subject to argument.;)
I think the post card is to cluttered, to many colors and just way to much like the junk mail I get each day and throw out without even looking at it.

I would start with a solid color back ground the Orange is good and one color font the lime or florescent green is good (ROOF CLEANING color)
Get a head line that catches their eye "Eco Friendly Roof Cleaning"
You want them to hesitate for a second or two before they biff the card.
you need to get their interest.
Then I would include two picture a Before and an After.
Then include a by line like "FREE Estimates"or "Save Energy"or the best one "Save Money"
I would get your name ,number and website in a nice green font (same as above)
Change the picture from a tree frog to a floppy eared Rabbit to give the card some AAAAWWW power.
Then you can put on the back side of the card the other information
in black and white.
I think this would grab someones attention better then scaring their sense of vision with a wild splash of psychedelic color.

Please take this as i have offered it as creative criticism.

Graham

jymie
02-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Now this is my opinion and only my opinion and is subject to argument.;)

Nice disclaimer :D

Steve
02-21-2011, 07:13 PM
How important is it when you look at a design, to take a step back and squint your eyes. If it is hard to read, should something then be changed or no?

Ducke
02-22-2011, 06:29 AM
Nice disclaimer :D

Hey a guy has to protect himself these days :)

Ducke
02-22-2011, 06:37 AM
How important is it when you look at a design, to take a step back and squint your eyes. If it is hard to read, should something then be changed or no?

Yes you need to change things. as we know Shock and Awe dose not make you many friends. a good example is this post card. I looked at it and studied it and picked it a part and every time I looked at it I saw RABBIT Landscape when the name is actually RIBBIT Landscape.
My eyes were so distracted by all the explosion of color and fonts and pictures my brain saw rabbit.
When your marketing something you want to be clear and concise and get to the customer without confusing them.