PDA

View Full Version : Southern Lawncare and more

southernlawncareandmore
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey guys,
I'm new to the site and hope to get alot of help and guidance from you all. I am David with Southern Lawn Care and more. I have been doing this on the side for about 8 years and recently went into it full time last year as i got laid off from office job and my accounts began to grow with the lawn business. now i am full time and love it.

Steve
02-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi David,

Welcome to our forum!

What is your view on running your business part time for that many years before you got into it full time? Are you glad you did it that way or would you have preferred to do it another way?

devuono311
02-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Welcome David,

Do as much reading throughout these threads as you possibly can. You NEVER know what you may learn! Sounds like yo have a good heads up on the business, keep your chin up and let everyone know if you have any questions.

-Tyler

southernlawncareandmore
02-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Steve
I should have went into the business full time a long time ago but was affraid i wouldn't make it bc of all the other companys around my area but now that i have went into it i couldn't be happier. i have had to learn some tricks and marketing stuff the hard way but it's all been worth it.

southernlawncareandmore
02-15-2011, 02:43 PM
DEVUONO311,

Thanks yeah i have thought things through and of course with age your a bit mature with what you have and need to do.

David

Steve
02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
I should have went into the business full time a long time ago but was affraid i wouldn't make it bc of all the other companys around my area but now that i have went into it i couldn't be happier.

I have a feeling that this tends to frighten many would be entrepreneurs. Now that you have gotten into things, what is your view on why people shouldn't be scared of there being competition out there?

i have had to learn some tricks and marketing stuff the hard way but it's all been worth it.

Have there been a few lessons you could share with us that stood out to you?