PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care schedule/program

sweetleaf landscaping
02-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Alright, take it from the top please. Like I said, Im a brand new guy looking to get it going this season and beyond. I would like a better understanding of the typical schedule for lawn care. Heres how I see it....
early spring- corn gluten
summer- corn gluten
fall- dethatch if needed then aerate then top dress/overseed and fertilizer.

how off base am I? I really like the thought of all organics like Growing Green has been selling. Im needing a plan!

Growing Green
02-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Alright, take it from the top please. Like I said, Im a brand new guy looking to get it going this season and beyond. I would like a better understanding of the typical schedule for lawn care. Heres how I see it....
early spring- corn gluten
summer- corn gluten
fall- dethatch if needed then aerate then top dress/overseed and fertilizer.

how off base am I? I really like the thought of all organics like Growing Green has been selling. Im needing a plan!

Hi Brian,
This all depends on what area you are in, but this is what I do in South Texas which will be a little different than you in OKC. I'm farely new at all of this as well. What I suggest is to go to an organic nursery near you and ask them what the best times is to apply the different organic products in your area. This is what I do though:

February - Corn Gluten (it is a 9-0-0 so it acts as a fertilizer as well)
March - Organic Compost
March or Fall - Organic Mulch for flower beds
Fall - Organic Fertilizer

I don't thatch yet. Don't know enough about it and not sure if I need a license for that.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Matt

Steve
02-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Did you see this post on lawn care packages (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=13480)? Maybe you could utilize some of that information?

sweetleaf landscaping
02-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the insight!

Steve
02-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Let us know what you decide to go with.