PDA

View Full Version : Echo SRM-280T Starting issue

Baloney72
02-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Need some help with my Echo SRM-280T .. it starts right up at my 1st 3 jobs but once i get to the 4th house it takes about 20-25 cranks to start up and once i do get it started it dogs out as soon as you hit the throttle. Ive taken it to my dealer about 4 times and of course everytime i go it starts right up without any problems. Ive changed the spark plug, air filter, fuel filter, the timmer is only 3 months old! Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

nnyparts
02-11-2011, 03:19 AM
When you get to the forth job....is it still very warm? I ask because we have seen thing in a number of cases of the coil being weak even in new equipment. Once its allowed to cool down....it will start just fine.

The other thing I would look at is the build up of carbon around the exhaust port. If its three months old...is it not still under warranty?

Need some help with my Echo SRM-280T .. it starts right up at my 1st 3 jobs but once i get to the 4th house it takes about 20-25 cranks to start up and once i do get it started it dogs out as soon as you hit the throttle. Ive taken it to my dealer about 4 times and of course everytime i go it starts right up without any problems. Ive changed the spark plug, air filter, fuel filter, the timmer is only 3 months old! Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

950thomas
02-11-2011, 08:08 AM
There is a spark restriction filter in the exhaust that needs to come out u only need that filter in there if u work on government property