PDA

View Full Version : My "Lawn Care" side is going large property it seems...

MAKLawnCutter
02-10-2011, 09:44 PM
I have been in the biuness for 3 seasons now. I had a total of 57 contracts last year and serviced 130ish different properties last season (one time calls, clean-ups, prep work), all residential. I relocated and have gotten ALOT of larger properties, one 9 acre apartment complex, a 2 acre tree farm, a 1.75acre tree farm.

I traded my little 36" Wright Stander for a 61" GreatDane Super Surfer today, just for the fact, i dont like spending 4 - 5 hours on 9 acres. I still have a push mower for back yards on residential properties. I thought about REALLY pushing the "Large" commercial properties today. I can mow the 9acre lot in less than 2 hours now, full job in 4 hours, instead of 9hours. I should be able to take care of the 2 acre lot in 30min or less. The 61" is a BIG jump from the 36, stuff i was taking 4 passes, i take 2, the deck is a rapid adjust instead of a fixed deck, has half of the hours the last one did.

Anyone gone from a residential spe******t, to a commercial or industrial spe******t?

What is the best way to attract commercial and residential properties?

Should i put together a folder with COMMERCIAL information and pricing into it?

Should i put together a CD full of information? I can make an auto play video on the CD, menus, still pictures.

I just ordered a dual fold business card that is targeted more at commercial properties. I would like to have 12 Commercial/Industrial Properties monthly, i could survive off of that.

Matt

Steve
02-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Matt,

Now that you are getting more plugged into this new area can you see if you can find any other commercial properties to mow through the apartment management contacts?

Or maybe even through your friend that has the tree farm? I would think if you can get referred by someone you know, it would make things a whole lot easier than doing it any other way.

LawnMoore
02-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Excellent stuff!

Yes i would be interested in learning anything about commercial properties from you. I dont have any now, but incase i do bid, i would feel better knowing all i can know!

Good luck, and like steve said, the tree farm guy should know some hookups, be sure to let him know, you will kick him back an extra service sometime, or something to let him know you will appreciate his reffering!