PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with a new mower!

moonflower920
02-04-2011, 02:11 PM
This is my 2nd year in the lawn business. I have spent my winter months looking for a good walk behind commercial mower. I have found a company in NC. called Better Outdoor products. The price of there equipment to me is very resonable. Their website is www.quickmowers.com Can any one tell me of their personal experience with this mower. Thanks

wandfsmall
02-04-2011, 03:03 PM
This is my 2nd year in the lawn business. I have spent my winter months looking for a good walk behind commercial mower. I have found a company in NC. called Better Outdoor products. The price of there equipment to me is very resonable. Their website is www.quickmowers.com Can any one tell me of their personal experience with this mower. Thanks

Better outdoor products is an mower that is only sold threw 1 store. you can also only get parts from this same 1 store, you have no breakdown available to dealers but then again no dealer network, and the if you search them on the internet the customer support reviews for the most part suck. Other then that honesty is is not the best mower out but it will cut grass. Just expect lots of downtime if you have problems. Also if they go under you can not get parts for it at all.

bruces
02-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I have to agree with the last poster ,except from what I saw everyone dealing with the company loved the company ,not always the mower .If you bought this mower,and it broke one day,have you got a back-up plan to get your accounts done ? I would think if you lived near where these units are made , they would make a very good entry level machine .

Steve
02-05-2011, 06:07 AM
What is your view on why they don't have resellers? Is it to keep prices lower? If that is the case, are their prices low enough to justify all this?

bruces
02-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I think the company doesnt have the working funds or manufacturing capabilities to set up a large dealer network .I think its to their detriment to run this way as customers seeking comercial equipment need the equipment on the lawn working,not waiting for parts to be shipped in sometime to be installed by somebody that probably has never seen one of these machines before .They may be thinking the company store is saving customers money,but it isnt , as the price of goods goes down when bought in volume .Buying 100 kawasaki engines a year will cost the manufacturer more per unit,than if they bought 5000 a year .

wandfsmall
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I think the company doesnt have the working funds or manufacturing capabilities to set up a large dealer network .I think its to their detriment to run this way as customers seeking comercial equipment need the equipment on the lawn working,not waiting for parts to be shipped in sometime to be installed by somebody that probably has never seen one of these machines before .They may be thinking the company store is saving customers money,but it isnt , as the price of goods goes down when bought in volume .Buying 100 kawasaki engines a year will cost the manufacturer more per unit,than if they bought 5000 a year .

I have a different idea on the subject, I think he is looking at the anti-dealer sentiment and trying to play into this buy it online cheaper mentality. Also dealers do not want to sign on with a company in mass groves till they are at least 5 years old as we want to make sure we will be able to get parts for them and not sell a customer a mower that is junk after a year due to no parts.

The major problem he has is no breakdowns or ways to at least sell parts to dealers.

Also what you said about the engine cost is true he is cutting cost someplace I can assure you it is more expensive to make 300 mowers then 3000 the dealers are not making that much on mowers. Most of the time we drop the majority of our profit on mowers to get the parts sells and have more mowers out.

Steve
02-06-2011, 07:24 AM
trying to play into this buy it online cheaper mentality.

Are the mowers much cheaper compared with similar models?

If not, where would the pricing need to be to make people see there is a lower price and want to try the Quick 36 mower or any of their other mowers?