PDA

View Full Version : New here

kingcutslv
02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Just wanted to make my first post here. My new company is called King Cuts and I'm located in Eastern,PA. I've been doing lawncare for seven years with my friend's business and I figured it's time to make my own money.

Any useful tips on gaining clients? Also, since we're covered in two feet of snow out here, when do you think is a good time to start putting flyers in doors?

jymie
02-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the forum, there is a ton of information here. First and foremost you must have a website.

There are a few ways to go about advertising your business. I have done:

Door Hangers
Post Cards
Display Advertising in my local pennysaver. They have a nice page inside they call Local Business Directory, it looks like a bulletin board.
Business Cards to every one I meet in Restaurants, Gas Stations, Bars and anywhere where there are people.

The best time to start is always. The peak time would be a month and a half before the grass begins to grow, then continue till the end of the season.

I drop off business cards to any place that has a bulletin board, like grocery stores, department stores Laundromats etc. You can get business card holders from Artie on this site.

http://www.marketingholders.com/CARDCUES-CARD-HOLDERS-FREE-SHIPPING-CRDQS.htm

They hold probably 25 business Cards. Check out his other products on the site, he has a lot of stuff that could be useful.

Have magnets made with your company logo and phone number on them, one for both front doors and one for the back of your vehicle. People behind you can't see the sides of your truck when you drive around with no trailer. Good free advertising that way.

Utilize the free methods to advertise, google search free classified advertising

Craigslist
Backpage
topix.com

Add your business to every business directory in your area

Yellowpages.com
Yellowbook.com
merchantcircle.com
manta.com
local.com
kudzu.com

Submit your website and business to all the search engines, then submit to the maps of each of the major search engines

google maps
bing maps
yahoo maps

Maps info show up before search results so this is crucial.

See this thread for more:

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=13299

Hope this helps you get started! Best of luck!

Steve
02-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Welcome to our forum!

I've been doing lawncare for seven years with my friend's business and I figured it's time to make my own money.

WHat kinds of marketing methods did your friend utilize to gain the customers he had over the past 7 years? Did you find any of them worked well? Could you utilize those?

kingcutslv
02-05-2011, 11:17 AM
My friends business really did nothing more than flyers in doors. He is primarily a landscaper and did lawns because some of his clients needed it done.

He also bought a big client list, but thats not something I would ever do.

Steve
02-06-2011, 08:16 AM
My friends business really did nothing more than flyers in doors. He is primarily a landscaper and did lawns because some of his clients needed it done.

This is good because maybe you could refer him landscaping clients and he could refer you lawn care clients.