PDA

View Full Version : its official

Golftrick17
02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Started my company today. My name is Blake, my company is Tee-Time lawnservice. I will be starting with the Toro 21 in. mower I have now and buy a nicer string trimmmer and blower. I have 11 years in the lawncare industry and worked as an assistant golf pro for 3 years. Found this site and thought it was great. :)

ritchiem
02-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the forums. I you have any questions please ask.

Paineless Creations
02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Welcome, I like the company you have choosen!!

shahoo80
02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the forums and good luck starting your new business.

Growing Green
02-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Welcome to the forum. Great people here!

Matt

Steve
02-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi Blake,

Welcome to our forum!

After 11 years in the industry, what made you finally take the jump and start your own business?

Golftrick17
02-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi Blake,

Welcome to our forum!

After 11 years in the industry, what made you finally take the jump and start your own business?

Really with all I have done in my life, simply mowing was the most rewarding to me. We have no debt but the house, I have not worked for almost three years, been raising the kids. So I am ready to do something, Thought this fit me the best. We live off my wifes income and what I make can pay off the house and build wealth faster.

Steve
02-03-2011, 05:24 AM
That is a great spot to be in.

Are you finding that you have been able to take some lessons you learned from working for others in the industry and apply it to your business now?

What business lessons stand out that you have learned?

Golftrick17
02-04-2011, 08:57 AM
That is a great spot to be in.

Are you finding that you have been able to take some lessons you learned from working for others in the industry and apply it to your business now?

What business lessons stand out that you have learned?

I really learned alot about mowing and landscaping over the years by working in hte industry. Most of what I have learned from business was through reading and at the San Diego Golf Academy.

My boss and I could mow as fast as 3 people with the same mowers, its really about timing and knowing your lawns.

For example: Some lawns we would both jump on mowers and start, When we reached a point in the lawn I would know to stop and get the trimmer. It would work out where I was finishing blowing as he is loading the trailer. Other lawns might take as long to trim as to mow, so one person trims while the other mowes, both can grab blowers.

It really comes to trying diffrent things and learning the most productive way to get the lawn done.

Steve
02-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Have you seen a lot of errors or problems other lawn care businesses have trouble dealing with?

Do you think there are maybe a top 5 list of tips newer businesses need to do or avoid doing in order to find success more quickly?