PDA

View Full Version : Where are ya'll getting your door hangers?

devuono311
02-01-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm not stupid, nor am I computer illiterate. However, I was wondering where you all get your door hangers? If you are making them yourself, where are you getting them printed? Also, how much does your printing cost? I'm looking into doing door hangers this month, however I'm having trouble modifying the templates to use for MY needs, and was wondering what I'll be looking at price wise as far as printing, what type of paper is best to use? If you print your own, whats the best way to cut them? LOL, I know I sound special but I'm new to this self advertising. Thanks for any help guys.

jymie
02-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I print my own on the card stock supplied by

doorhangers (http://www.blank-doorhangers.com/?gclid=CJ3XotT756YCFcbd4AodL3Sx1w)

They come perferated with the spot for the hole and a perferation to separate them in two or three. You can get them 2 on a page or 3 to a page.

I use print shop to design mine and I use the make a sign mode. Works well for my needs.

Also, before I print, I always set my printer to print on draft mode, it uses less ink and you can get more copies that way. They still look good just a touch lighter, but still color.

You can even get card stock perferated for 4 on a page post card format.

Steve
02-02-2011, 08:15 AM
You can also look at plan-itgraphics.com for design work and vistaprint.com for printing prices.

I print my own on the card stock supplied by

Jymie, what's your view on why you print them yourself vs have them printed? Have you ever compared the cost of each? Is one cheaper than the other? Or do you like the option of changing your design and not have a bunch of door hangers you feel like you need to use because you had a few thousand printed out?

jymie
02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Jymie, what's your view on why you print them yourself vs have them printed? Have you ever compared the cost of each? Is one cheaper than the other? Or do you like the option of changing your design and not have a bunch of door hangers you feel like you need to use because you had a few thousand printed out?

In order to get the best deals, you need to order several thousand of them at a time. I taylor the door hangers to suit my needs to what ever service I am pushing for that time period. If I need just a few hundred, I print them up. Next week, I may want to target a different service, I print up a few hundred, and so on. The cost for me is the same per piece if I print 100 or 1000 or 5000. By setting the printing to draft mode instead of normal or best mode, reduces the printing cost and allows me to still use color and get more copies per cartridge.

Steve
02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
How many different types do you have that you use? What services do they cover?

jymie
02-27-2011, 12:48 PM
I advertise on a rotating basis.

Mulch Installs
Mowing
Hedge Trimming
Driveway Edging
Bed Weeding

I usually have a few of each in the truck, when we pass by a property that could use one of our services, we leave a door hanger.

DillonB92
02-27-2011, 03:16 PM
How do you choose the color? I don't see just plain white on the perforated one?

jymie
02-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Click on it and the next page has color selection.

Steve
02-27-2011, 09:19 PM
I advertise on a rotating basis.

* Mulch Installs
* Mowing
* Hedge Trimming
* Driveway Edging
* Bed Weeding

When do you switch from one to another?

jymie
02-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Mulch is a big spring time job, so I start with that. Then as we go through doing our door hangers, on the other side of the door hanger I will have our mowing information, kill 2 birds with one stone. Once we get into the season, then the door hanger will have weeding, hedge trimming edging on it front then back as well.

Steve
03-01-2011, 05:20 PM
That sounds like a great idea. Do you have any pics of the different door hangers you use?