PDA

View Full Version : roof cleaning chemicals

Klean Kutz
02-01-2011, 02:01 PM
anyone know of a good chemical that you don't have to have someone stand at the bottom and water it into the landscape, i've heard of them but cant' locate a good dealer. i sawy some by defy that you spray on, let it sit and then spray off with a water broom. It says it will not hurt the landscape, is this the only company? surely not? all the others i find says you must water in the landscape very well to prevent burning. Anyone know of any? thanks

Steve
02-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Instead of using a detergent, can you use a tool like this?

http://www.indypowerwash.com/Images/clean-roof.jpg

The Cleaning Doctor
02-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Try all you like but nothing will clean/kill the algae like sodium hypochlorite. Don't want to use a ground man? 1) watch your run off and 2) set up sprinklers.

Working alone is NOT the way to go even though I have done it. You have to balance the risk vs the reward. What would happen if you fell from a 2nd story roof and no one was home? Do you make a sound? Kind of like if a tree falls.....you know the rest.

No I am hearing of a powder from Delux Cleaning Systems that is supposed to work but I have not used.

Steve
the problem with that is you have to use pressure and if a spray arm hits a tile you will break it. Not to mention that you have to get up on the roof and the additional time it takes to get the job done.

Dan Swede
02-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Instead of using a detergent, can you use a tool like this?

http://www.indypowerwash.com/Images/clean-roof.jpg

We sell these roof cleaning units for around $895.00 they work better on very steep roofs like in the Northern US. On a normal pitched tile roofs our Blue Thunder Surface Cleaner and a high volume hot water pressure washer cleans much better and a lot faster.
Note: I never recommend using chemicals on a tile roof with the right equipment you don't need it.
I do recommend Revive-All and Clean-All on shingle roofs since pressure can damage the shingles.

Steve
02-04-2011, 07:07 AM
I do recommend Revive-All and Clean-All on shingle roofs since pressure can damage the shingles.

Are there any specific tools you recommend for cleaning shingle roofs? It sounds like low pressure is needed. Does warm or cold water usage on shingle roofs make a difference?

Dan Swede
02-05-2011, 04:02 PM
anyone know of a good chemical that you don't have to have someone stand at the bottom and water it into the landscape, i've heard of them but cant' locate a good dealer. i sawy some by defy that you spray on, let it sit and then spray off with a water broom. It says it will not hurt the landscape, is this the only company? surely not? all the others i find says you must water in the landscape very well to prevent burning. Anyone know of any? thanks

Revive-All and Clean-All low-pressure roof cleaners safely cleans shingle mold and mildew off roofs & wood decks without causing any damage. Revive-all, Clean-All, and Clear Protective Roof Coating Systems are on sale directly from the manufacture. Contact Dan Swede Industrial Cleaning Equipment and Supply at 800-731-7789 or 954-778-4386 Website www.ices.net highpressuresalesman@gmail.com

Steve
02-06-2011, 08:28 AM
While we are on this topic, what is the best way to handle the safety factor of performing such a job? When you are up on a wet roof, especially when adding a detergent, things are going to get mighty slippery. What's the best way to prevent yourself from falling off the roof?