PDA

View Full Version : Organic Advertising? How?

Klean Kutz
01-30-2011, 11:12 PM
How would one advertise this service?

Does anyone have a flyer or something that can post as an example, i've tried searching for it on the net but all i get is how to make it now how to advertise for it.

I just want to know how you would make a flyer for something like this

thanks for the help

Growing Green
01-31-2011, 09:39 AM
I actually only use organic products. I need to create a whole new advertising piece as well that points out organic more. My customers LOVE that I'm organic and has been a great selling point. I add it wherever I can on my website and the door hangers that I created I didn't advertise it enough. Let me know if you find anything.

Matt

jymie
01-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Here is an example of an organic lawn care flyer I found on google images (http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4GFRD_enUS218US244&q=organic+fertilizer+flyer&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1111&bih=593)

http://cmlgreen.com/CML%20GREEN/images/4x6_flyer_back.jpg

Steve
02-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Something you might consider doing is go with the marketing angle of why organic fertilizer is better for the environment and how non-organic fertilizers threaten local waterways and cause may other issues.

While nutrients (nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium) from fertilizers can help our plants grow, they can also cause excessive growth of algae and aquatic weeds when washed into our waterways. Besides being unsightly, these plants can rob the water of oxygen and harm fish and amphibians when they die and decay. High levels of nitrates in untreated drinking water can also cause serious health problems, particularly in newborn babies.

And there are some pictures from this site as well that could be used in a flyer to really highlight the destruction caused by such fertilizers.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/growgreen/problems.htm

What do you think of this?

Growing Green
02-01-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm starting to see a patern. Seems like I'm getting more and more calls of people not needing my lawn service, but do want me to come out and spread compost, fertilizer and corn gluten. I think I'm going to start working on an organic package that concentrates on these products. My wife and I were talking about it last night and we are going to be adding a page on our website that talks all about organic products and also an information page on how to take care of the most common grasses down here.

Steve thanks for that link as well.

Matt

Steve
02-02-2011, 07:09 AM
You are welcome!

Have you decided on how you will be spreading your compost on other organic materials?

What kind of organic lawn care packages are you thinking about marketing?

Growing Green
02-02-2011, 09:36 PM
You are welcome!

Have you decided on how you will be spreading your compost on other organic materials?

What kind of organic lawn care packages are you thinking about marketing?

Yea, as of right now I'll be spreading the compost with my back, shovel and wheelbarrow. Is that what you were asking?

As for packages, I'm still thinking about it. I guess it just depends on their yard, but they would get an aeration, compost and 2 applications of fertilizer as a package. I can also give them the option of organic mulch as well.

Matt