PDA

View Full Version : New Commercial for my site

Upscale2
01-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Put this video together today and added it to my website, YT channel, blog, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h_-L9qDk-8

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-h_-L9qDk-8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

ritchiem
01-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Love the patio, you really do nice work...wasn't keen on the voice over. I would have chosen a women to do it or put some more excitement in your voice.

Steve
01-25-2011, 03:56 AM
Very nice work.

As you are getting more and more comfortable creating your videos, are you finding that you are planning to do more in the upcoming spring and summer? Are you going to be experimenting more with your production?

If you are planning on changing anything with your future productions, what is on your list of things you'd like to experiment more with?

Upscale2
01-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Definitely would like to have a better, warm and fuzzy voice over on my commercial. The wife wouldn't do it! Oh well!!!

ritchiem
01-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Well, warm and fuzzy or not, I look forward to the next one.

Steve
01-27-2011, 02:27 AM
Could you get a wireless lapel mic or lavalier mic and wear it as you get in front of the camera to discuss the different points of the landscape/hardscape? I bet that would really improve the voice quality. Plus I think you are the best salesman for your company since you are the owner.

What are your thoughts on that?

http://www.mediacollege.com/audio/images/mic-lav1.jpg

Upscale2
01-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Yes, the Kodak zi8 has an external mic. hookup...the mic is about $40 or so and the camera is $125. I plan on getting one real soon as I have several businesses in my area wanting me to make videos for them. ie carpenters, electricians, chiropractors etc..... I use a Flipvideo now but it has no mic. on it.

I will get one this weekend...if I get a chance.

Stay tuned for my next video.

CHEESE2009
01-28-2011, 04:09 AM
Protip:

A lot of students taking film classes at their college are usually looking for work to expand their portfolios. They have access to amazing film tools which the school provides to them.

You can find these students on craigslist under "Film".

////////////////////////////////

From experience and obsession, the best film camera available for someone on a budget who demands perfection would cost just around $4K

If you are not looking to blow that much cash, and just want to go into the local electronics store and pick up something - make sure you choose "CANON" as it's the best brand for consumers and professionals alike.

Unfortunately, your film wont be spectacular without perfect sound. You will have to buy boom microphones which can be pretty expensive. So what you can do is steal the audio from your movie and remove the sounds you don't want (wind, rustling noise, the camera "engine" noise) by downloading the software called "Audacity" **- google it - learn it. It's very simple and VERY powerful.

Anyway, along with the camera - lighting is the most difficult thing to master in film. Light filters are nice, but that's getting too serious. If you are using a green/blue screen. It is very important to light up the entire screen just as it is the thing you are filming in front of it. Make sure the object you are filming is 3-5 feet away from the green screen for the best effect.

Anyway, I can ramble on forever. If anyone has a question on film - feel free to talk to me.

When spring comes, I will be making a commercial of my own.. or a "show" on the life of my company.

Steve
01-28-2011, 04:53 AM
I plan on getting one real soon as I have several businesses in my area wanting me to make videos for them. ie carpenters, electricians, chiropractors etc.....

That is awesome! How did you line up those jobs? With all those contacts, you are going to have one busy year!

Upscale2
01-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Replying to "cheese" .....some of the best online video marketers in the business literally use and recommend the Kodak Zi8 and an external mic. I have seen comparisons between high tech expensive video cameras and this video. You cannot tell the difference. I went to a video marketing conference in San Diego last march and they did a comparison live for us to prove that you can get into video marketing cheaply. Yes there are certain factors that we have to consider....but for the new guy on a budget that wants to produce his own videos now the Kodak Zi8 is great or the FlipVideo too.

Steve: I know people that know people, and I just get out and see people. Social Media Marketing is on fire right now and will be for a long time. Plus I have just started a new business. http://www.internetimpactinc.com !shameless plug!

Steve
01-29-2011, 03:53 AM
Have you looked into different kinds of mics? Which have you liked so far?