PDA

View Full Version : How to File a DBA?

DillonB92
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
How do you file a DBA?

jymie
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
1. Check for name availability. The first step you have to take before you can register a business name in the state of Tennessee is to see whether the name you want is available. You can check name availability online at the Tennessee Secretary of State, Division of Business Services (http://www.tn.gov/sos/bus_svc/)website or by calling (615)741-2286.

2. File an application. Once you determine that the name you want for your business is available, the next step is to file an application. You can request an application by calling the Division of Business Services.

3. Write a check. After you complete the application, you need to write a check for the fee to register a business name (usually $20).

4. Submit application and check. Once you have the application and check ready, then you must submit them to the Division of Business Services.

devuono311
02-06-2011, 11:32 AM
When I filed my DBA, all I had to do was run down to the county clerks office, they checked availability for me. I payed ten dollars and filed my business name. It's good for five years before I have to renew it.

Golftrick17
02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I just filed my DBA in Williamson county TN. I didn't even go to the office. They mailed me the form and I mailed it back. 5 days later, done. DBA do not regester names in TN. Only Corp. regester. Your legal business name is your name, but you may call it something else.

Also if you are working out of your home you may need approval from the city for that. I live in a town and had to get approval prior to a license.

DillonB92
02-06-2011, 10:20 PM
where did you get the form from?

Golftrick17
02-07-2011, 03:50 AM
where did you get the form from?

The county clearks office mailed it to me. I called to ask what I needed to bring and she said she would mail it to me and To include a copy of my drivers license, home business approval from my town and my 11.00 bucks. Like me you will probably need to do it agian in June, Thas when our business class is up for renewal.

DillonB92
02-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I'll deff. Have to check it out thanks!