PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone charging for fertilizer this year?

kevin_naecker
01-23-2011, 11:49 AM
So as we all know Fuel prices have gone up so evrything els does to. So every year just before the season breaks wide open i like to get all my estimates for the spring done not one year has been the same price because operating costs go up. fuel goes up mulch prices go up parts prices go up and fertilizer. most everything hasnt gone up much but fertilizer always does. I was wondering what everyone els is charging for there fertilizer. i typicly charge per 1000 square feet. what is everyone els doing and what ar eyour prices up to in your area. im not stealing peoples prices just want to see what the market is liek in other areas and make sure im on track. thanks guys

Steve
01-24-2011, 02:24 AM
Do you find that you check the fertilizer prices at the beginning of the year and then just increase your prices with those expenses in mind or do you track all of your expense increases?

kevin_naecker
01-24-2011, 07:51 AM
In most cases you can ask your supplier what the prices will do in the future. some times they know some times they dont. I tell my customers that prices are subject to change do to market price increase. i would still like to know what everyone els is charging just to keep a good eye on the market in different area and so on.

Growing Green
01-24-2011, 09:52 AM
I charge whatever it cost the customer. I think I make about 1% profit on it. I just charge them for the job or time depending on size.

Matt