PDA

View Full Version : No More Low Ballers

kevin_naecker
01-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Ok so i just got home from doing some estimates for the spring and there was a truck putting out flyers. This guys flyer in big letters says $20 per mow for 1/2 or less. are you freakin kidding me not only that but he is useing the same logo and name as a nursery in my area and i know for a fact its not the nursery. I hope people arent crazy enough to think that they would do a good job at 20 for a half acre. I am glad my costomers that live near me already singned a contract and have full trust in me. What do you all think about this i was hot when i saw this flyer and he even put it in my mail box as i pulled into my drive with logos on my truck.

bruces
01-22-2011, 01:14 PM
you need to follow his lead,and put a flyer in everybodies mailbox stating you "fix the $20.00 lawns the other guy leaves behind"

kevin_naecker
01-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Im on it. We have a friend that lives on our street that will be by on monday to show us the new flyers she designed.

Hedgemaster
01-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Convincing people who are trying to make a buck to "charge more" is about as likely as "world peace".

Some people truly don't understand the long-term ramifications (oooh! big word!) of undercutting their competition, while others are simply desperate to make enough money to put food on the table.

calebmoss
01-22-2011, 02:37 PM
There is a fedral law that you can not put anything in side a mail box

wandfsmall
01-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Do the nursery a favor and take a copy to them if they are not mowing. This could cause them a lot of problems is somebody with their name and logo starts up and goes down real quickly sticking some of the customers that do business with them.

You never know they might be able to send you work when people call them about lawn service as well:)

Steve
01-24-2011, 02:15 AM
I'd love to see the new flyers you create.

Are you going to use any of that in your future marketing?

Maybe you could get a picture of a lawn that is really in bad shape and say something like 'you get what you pay for. Here is what a $20 mowing looks like.' For everyone else that takes pride in their property, give us a call. We take pride in our work and fix $20 mowing jobs.

That could get some attention.

Or maybe a picture of a poorly cut lawn and say on top, Is this what you want your lawn to look like?

Then below it you could say, 'we thought not. That's why you need to give us a call. We are licensed and insured professionals that provide outstanding lawn care.'

More text could explain to the homeowner that they need to check for proof of insurance and how hiring an uninsured person to cut their lawn can leave them open to be sued for any injuries or damage that occurs during their mowing. Even if the mowing operator injures himself, he could still sue the homeowner.

Scare tactics can work in marketing to get a desired result and knowing this could scare a homeowner into checking for proof of insurance.

kdvandco
02-04-2011, 12:54 AM
to do jobs of your that are under half an acre , some where on here some one went thru something similar. and thats the best idea. sub them out and charge a little more but leave it to their rep utation, later you come along and hey whatya know...

robgee05
02-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Im on it. We have a friend that lives on our street that will be by on monday to show us the new flyers she designed.

Just call the post office and rat him out for putting flyers in the mailboxes that will fix the problem. LOL

matt spinniken
02-06-2011, 09:29 PM
There will always be lowballers in this business.