PDA

View Full Version : What the heck do I do with the dirt?

Growing Green
01-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Ok this is something I'm going to come across and as a noob I need your help and suggestions. Let's say I'm going to redo a whole garden bed and I'm going to mix some new compost in there and pull up all the old stuff and plant all new shrubs, flowers, etc... I ONLY have a truck and no trailer and my questions is what the heck do I do with all the extra dirt and mulch? Do I just put it in my wheelbarrow and then use the shovel and throw it in a corner in the back of my truck and then cover it with tarp? Any suggestions on how this would be easier? What do you guys do?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Matt

950thomas
01-22-2011, 11:47 AM
you can rent a trailer really cheap

Growing Green
01-22-2011, 11:53 AM
But what if it isn't a huge bed. I'm going to redo the bed then shovel up all the old dirt and old mulch, put it in my wheelbarrow, take it to my truck and then use shovel to put it in the back of my truck. Then I guess from here I would take it to landfill and dump it off?

Matt

950thomas
01-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Do u not have a much yard to recycle at

bruces
01-22-2011, 01:49 PM
get yourself a ramp,to load it into your truck,shovel work is hard on your back ,the ramp will be usefull for other things as well .

Growing Green
01-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Do u not have a much yard to recycle at

Great idea! That is what I need for sure. Whew! Would be much easier.

I did call our Texas Landfill that is close to my home and they charge $3 a cubic yard to drop off dirt. Not too bad.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Matt

cuneio's lawn mowing
01-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Ok this is something I'm going to come across and as a noob I need your help and suggestions. Let's say I'm going to redo a whole garden bed and I'm going to mix some new compost in there and pull up all the old stuff and plant all new shrubs, flowers, etc... I ONLY have a truck and no trailer and my questions is what the heck do I do with all the extra dirt and mulch? Do I just put it in my wheelbarrow and then use the shovel and throw it in a corner in the back of my truck and then cover it with tarp? Any suggestions on how this would be easier? What do you guys do?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Matt

what i usually do is to put tarp aside and thow the dirt on it tillim done then suvel it in tne truck. dean

Growing Green
01-22-2011, 07:20 PM
what i usually do is to put tarp aside and thow the dirt on it tillim done then suvel it in tne truck. dean

Great idea Dean! Haven't even thought of that.

Thanks,
Matt

Steve
01-24-2011, 03:16 AM
Do you have a section on your property where you can keep some dirt and then maybe reuse it later? Or offer clean fill on craigslist and sell it that way?

Growing Green
01-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Do you have a section on your property where you can keep some dirt and then maybe reuse it later? Or offer clean fill on craigslist and sell it that way?

Unfortunately, I don't. Would love to be able to do that.

Matt