PDA

View Full Version : House Cleaning

DillonB92
01-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Do any of you guys offer House Cleaning as part of your lawn Care business? My Girlfriend is cleaned house for my mom every week and loved it. I was thinking I could Hire her and maybe someone else or myself to clean houses? What do you guys think?

CHEESE2009
01-22-2011, 01:53 AM
Do any of you guys offer House Cleaning as part of your lawn Care business? My Girlfriend is cleaned house for my mom every week and loved it. I was thinking I could Hire her and maybe someone else or myself to clean houses? What do you guys think?

Hmmm.

My girlfriend is fantastic at cleaning up after me, I've got the scars from each and every time she's had to.

"THIS... IS GARBAGE" as she tosses it at me....

Once it was an arm to a chair... miss that chair... Though I admit, I fell off it a few times lol. I tried to salvage it with what I could, but she was right.

Steve
01-22-2011, 04:06 AM

Why not put your feelers out and see if any of your customers would be interested in this. You never know, it might be something that would work!

Keep us posted on what you do.

950thomas
01-22-2011, 11:11 AM
i would stay away from that stick with what u know u would need to be bonded i think the ones i know are plus everytime something gets lost u will get blamed

Organic
01-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Since my business is near a vacation area we were asked by one of our customers if we do rental cleanings,in my opinion of operating a business explore every option you have,to make money, if it doesn't go anywhere, then explore something else. In my case my wife started that rental, got 3 more that year,12 more the year after that, now we do post construction cleanings too. This has been a huge part of our income we can sit back and relax in winter. My advice start talking to realtors. Example : my neighbor was a concrete contractor for years, one year he got a call to knock down a huge factory something he didn t usually do he became a millionaire.

Steve
01-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Since my business is near a vacation area we were asked by one of our customers if we do rental cleanings

In the past we have seen the importance of being bonded for such services. Have you had to do this or no?

Do you market this all by word of mouth or have you found other ways that work better?

picframer
01-24-2011, 05:47 AM
Sounds like a great idea, as noted send out some feelers. Personally I hire a lady for March to November, just too busy to do it myself, something else that may be an idea is walking peoples dogs, I hire a Jr. High student during this same time frame, I know people in the city pay a lot of money to have their dog's walked.

Another thing is checking clients homes, most of my clients go south either for the winter or for a few weeks in the winter, I have 26 homes that I check in on daily, making sure everything is ok, picking up the mail, checking that the furnace is running, switch lights that are on to make it look like someone is still there etc.

Growing Green
01-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Sounds like a great idea, as noted send out some feelers. Personally I hire a lady for March to November, just too busy to do it myself, something else that may be an idea is walking peoples dogs, I hire a Jr. High student during this same time frame, I know people in the city pay a lot of money to have their dog's walked.

Another thing is checking clients homes, most of my clients go south either for the winter or for a few weeks in the winter, I have 26 homes that I check in on daily, making sure everything is ok, picking up the mail, checking that the furnace is running, switch lights that are on to make it look like someone is still there etc.

WOW Andy! I've never thought of doing that. How much would you charge to do that for people? You check them daily??? That seems like a lot of work and time and especially GAS.

I think I saw Scott offer mail pick-up on his website as well.

Very interesting!

Matt

picframer
01-24-2011, 11:31 AM
WOW Andy! I've never thought of doing that. How much would you charge to do that for people? You check them daily??? That seems like a lot of work and time and especially GAS.

I think I saw Scott offer mail pick-up on his website as well.

Very interesting!

Matt

$20.00 per day, fuel isn't much of an issue as I take the Jetta which is diesel, I charge $25 to $35 to shovel the walkway, here it's the law that you have 48 hours to shovel your walkway or it's a $150.00 fine plus by law will have it shoveled and you pay for that also, you have to pay as it will be applied to your taxes as a lien within 30 days, strict I know but mail is delivered and it can be dangerous.

It gets me out and about also, today for example I would stay in bed, with the wind chill its -32. I just got home from doing 8, it's brutal out there.

For mail I just take it in the house, $10.00 if I have to pick up a parcel.

DillonB92
01-24-2011, 04:00 PM
What is a feeler? Also What does it mean to be bonded?

Do you guys have any marketing material? How much do you pay your lady you hire and how much do you charge the customer Pic Framer?

picframer
01-24-2011, 06:46 PM
What is a feeler? Also What does it mean to be bonded?

Do you guys have any marketing material? How much do you pay your lady you hire and how much do you charge the customer Pic Framer?

I don't offer clients house cleaning, the lady that does my place charges $15.00 an hour, she comes twoce a week and is generally here four hours, she is really good.

Bonded simply means you have insurancce to protect the client in the event that you or one of your employees should steal something of value.

jymie
01-24-2011, 07:20 PM
generally if you have had a criminal conviction, that would prevent you from being able to be bonded.

Steve
01-25-2011, 02:44 AM
What is a feeler?

It just means to ask around to people you know and see what they have to say about you offering such services. As if you are putting your hands out in front of you to 'feel' for your path when there is no light.