PDA

View Full Version : Ready to start learning

kricky
01-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Hello all! Been doing some research on the site to learn as much as i can to be a successfull lawn care business owner. Not much experience as of yet. I cut a few yards last year part time and worked at a golf course a few years back so i have some knowledge, but really would like to start cutting grass full time and learn the tricks of the trade. Thanks for having me.

Steve
01-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you planning on doing to push forwards now and grow more?

kricky
01-20-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm going to start by making some flyers and passing them out in neighboorhoods at the end of february, early march and do a lot of posting on craigslist. I know two people in real estate, one of which knew of an apartment complex with 52 buildings that was taking bids so i made my first proposal and sent it to her in person. I called her yesterday and she said they had already chosen someone and they bid $4500 under me. It would have been a great job, but i may not have been ready for that just yet. This year i'll just stick with residential and get as many customers as i can. I take pride in the job i do so i'm confident this will be a good year for me. We shall see.

Steve
01-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Oh that is very interesting! I bet as you reach out to more people, you are going to find a lot more network connections and a lot more jobs because of that.

kricky
01-21-2011, 07:51 AM
I think so too. Thanks for putting sites like this together for all us new guys out there. I know i have much to learn so this site will be a big help.

Steve
01-22-2011, 03:20 AM
What lessons from the forum stand out that you are planning on enacting? Have you read something that has helped you change the way you operate? If so, what have you changed so far?

kricky
01-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm deciding to add lawn renovation to my business so glad you have a section dedicated to that. I've also watched a few of your youtube videos that are very informative. I still have a lot of reading to do as i'm new to the site but i'm going to let you know if i learn something on here that ends up benefitting me and my business.