PDA

View Full Version : How Many Flyers?

SpringField Lawn Care
01-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Quick question for all you experts... I have been putting out flyers in mailboxes... and after a while kind of got thinking in my head, "I wonder how many I need to put out, in order to get one customer?"

I know this is a very difficult question to answer and is depends on many things.. but what do you guys run into?

Thanks for the info!

Springfield Lawn Care

Growing Green
01-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Looks like from what I've heard the average is about 1 - 1.5%. In other words. If you put out 5000 you could expect to get approximately 50 calls.

Again depends on where you live, economy, type of people you are targeting, etc...

Matt

jymie
01-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Putting flyers in mailboxes is illegal and you could get fined. Be careful.

SpringField Lawn Care
01-18-2011, 07:15 PM
ok on Front Doors? DoorKnobs?

CHEESE2009
01-18-2011, 07:17 PM
7000 flyers = 5 customers

Suburbs....

jymie
01-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Some locals require that you get a peddlers license, some do not. I think that may only apply if your knocking on doors to talk to them. I have never had a problem simply leaving a flyer in a door or on handles. I like to utilize papertubes that are used for the daily paper or the weekly pennysaver. You may want to check with your local pennysaver to see what options they have for you to advertise.

Also you can check out this thread also:

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=82419#post82419

Steve
01-19-2011, 01:15 AM
I think you will see your response rate improve as you talk with home owners more. The down side is that it will take you more time. But if that time gets you customers, then you will be ahead of the game.

Are you also working with your current customer base now? Do you ask them for referrals? Do you market to the neighbors of your current customer base after each service?