PDA

View Full Version : Does this interest you?

CHEESE2009
01-18-2011, 05:42 PM
I feel that this forum is doing its job, very well!
Though I was just thinking for a moment about an idea.

Imagine a board, where we constantly create tricky situations which occur in our line of work, and everyone does there part on solving the issue.

If we get enough input, this could be a valuable source of information Steve will be able to write about and sell.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm surprised at how many active users there are, and I know as a fact there will be thousands more during the warm seasons. This would be a great opportunity to try this idea out now and mess around with it, giving us preparations time and facts about how this idea will branch out before the warm seasons come into play.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Example;

Situation (fiction, or fact);

You have had the same client for 3 years, an elderly lady who has always been very kind and appreciative towards you (payments always on time, etc). Suddenly at the end of the season, she mentions how she will not be taking you anymore - that she had spoken to a competitor who was able to provide the same service for less, and these new guys already have a good reputation.

Goal; To retain this customer for a longer period of time, and to make sure she doesn't switch over to a competitor. WITHOUT lowering your price.

Your solution;

example example example.. bla bla

////////////////////////////////////////////

We can come up with all sorts of situations, as long as there is a flow of situations - our brains together have opened up doors we never would have seen.

What do you think?

Growing Green
01-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Scott, my goodness dude. You are one creative son of a gun. I really like the idea and think it would benefit me. I think Steve could possibly add these scenarios in the Lawn Business School as well.

Would love to participate in any way. Unfortunately, not a lot of experience under my belt yet, but will help in anyway.

Matt

CHEESE2009
01-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Scott, my goodness dude. You are one creative son of a gun. I really like the idea and think it would benefit me. I think Steve could possibly add these scenarios in the Lawn Business School as well.

Would love to participate in any way. Unfortunately, not a lot of experience under my belt yet, but will help in anyway.

Matt

MATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Who is your website provider????

I looked at your website, and when I first got mine - that was the layout I chose.

If you are using (not so much ipage.com) WEEBLY (paid), let me know!

It's totally flash compatible!

Just take a look at all the B.S I've put on my site;

http://www.breezelawnservice.ca

1 second EDIT::::::::::::::::::

You are using WEEBLY... I just took your url, and made up a false page and "Sorry this page doesn't exist" came up with Weebly stating so... that's how I can tell :P

If you want some work done, lemme know! I'm bored.

Note: My website is under construction every friggen minute. I can have pages full of content, only for it to be removed in a few minutes. I keep trying new things lol... you can still view it.
I recommend for those who have seen it, to press, "CTRL + F5" which is a SUPER REFRESH button.

Growing Green
01-18-2011, 07:45 PM
MATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Who is your website provider????

I looked at your website, and when I first got mine - that was the layout I chose.

If you are using (not so much ipage.com) WEEBLY (paid), let me know!

It's totally flash compatible!

Just take a look at all the B.S I've put on my site;

http://www.breezelawnservice.ca

1 second EDIT::::::::::::::::::

You are using WEEBLY... I just took your url, and made up a false page and "Sorry this page doesn't exist" came up with Weebly stating so... that's how I can tell :P

If you want some work done, lemme know! I'm bored.

Note: My website is under construction every friggen minute. I can have pages full of content, only for it to be removed in a few minutes. I keep trying new things lol... you can still view it.
I recommend for those who have seen it, to press, "CTRL + F5" which is a SUPER REFRESH button.

Thanks Scott! I really appreciate that! Not sure what I need to be honest. I'm trying to get time as I have about 12 lawn websites now from fellow gopher (including yours) and local lawn places that I need to look at. I want to go through all of them and see how I can improve my site.

Biggest thing right now is getting it higher on google. I need to put more time into that.

Matt

Steve
01-19-2011, 02:13 AM
I'd say it's a great idea. Maybe try posting a hypothetical situation and how you would handle it. See what others would do to handle it as well.

I bet you could come up with some good ones.