PDA

View Full Version : poopy diaper

calebmoss
01-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Alright this story was told to me by someone else.

This man and his cousin had a side mowing business and one of there accounts was an apartment complex. They went to mow it and there was a POOPY DIAPER and the cousin didnt want to pick it up and mowed over it scattering it so later that night the guy telling me the story gets a phone call and is told what happen so they lose this big account and the guy had to go clean it all up.

so the moral is clean the lawn before you mow.

CHEESE2009
01-18-2011, 01:29 AM
personally, i would have mowed around it.

I'll move the odd few objects, but when the customer does something as ignorant as that - screw it.

I've had customers in lol... the "ghetto" areas, and man... broken glass, beer bottles... trash trash trash...... all lying on the lawn.

I'll tell ya, it made my life a lot easier considering I would only do maybe 5 stripes out of 40 as I wouldn't put me or my equipment at risk.

Customer complained, I told him, "well, when you find the time to clean up your yard, give me a call because I'm not coming back until then"

/////////

Mowing over a diaper... lol... I understand mowing over certain things, but a diaper is going to make the equipment nasty as well. Yuck.

Steve
01-18-2011, 03:09 AM
Well that certainly sounds like it would be a mess. Video taping it might make for a funny 10 second youtube video though :)

shahoo80
01-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Hey I have had a few of these things this last year, I am kind of funny picking up things that people may used or just down right dirty. I usually dont have my gloves on when I need to pick up something so what I did was went to Home depot and bought those little grabber arms and those broom handle snap mounts for your wall and mounted the arms on all of my mowers. You are able to pick up the item with out getting off the machine and the best part you dont have to touch with your hands and I hang on to the item till I get either to the trash dumpster or somewhere else I can dump the item.

But Poopy diaper, come on I would have never mowed over it yes it would be messy but that's my hands under that deck for sharpenings maint. and since I park my trailer in my garage every night it would have made my house stink. But this year I am going to have to find another place to park as you hit some wet grass and my house smelled like old nasty grass at night.

CHEESE2009
01-18-2011, 08:19 AM
gotta man up and grab it with your hands and eat it.

http://www.zotter.at/fileadmin/media_data/Fotos/Fotos_Presse/03_Portraits/SchokoGesicht.jpg

lairdthomasj
01-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Essh, that gives a whole new meaning to the "The S&^#t has hit the fan" lol

calebmoss
01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
I mean like how long does it take to get a shoval and a rake and rake it up in that and throw it away.

If someone has a trashy lawn could you add a clean up fee?

Steve
01-19-2011, 02:17 AM
If someone has a trashy lawn could you add a clean up fee?

If you got their approval first, that would be a great idea.