PDA

View Full Version : 7" brings city to a standstill.

StartALawnCareBusiness
01-13-2011, 12:01 PM
It's amazing how 7" of snow can shut down a city.

Schools are closed all week here. They won't open until after MLK day. I have a friend who has been trapped in the Atlanta airport for 3 days.

Bread is nonexsistant on the shelves.

And some people think the only way to get their minivans up an icy hill is to stomp the accelerator pedal to the floor. :confused:

Ah well, the sun is out today.

Besides, spring will be here before we know it. :D

Growing Green
01-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Where are you located Keith?

Matt

johncrider
01-13-2011, 09:14 PM
You must be in the same area as me. East Tennessee :D

The Cleaning Doctor
01-14-2011, 11:28 AM
LOL I just drove from MT to TN through the snow with no troubles...

CHEESE2009
01-14-2011, 01:23 PM
The snow down here is weak. I guess I can expect the worse to come soon though....

I'm growing impatient and bored waiting for mother nature to do it's job so I can do mine... lol

I think I've said, "I miss cutting grass" 5 times so far this winter... It's genuine, at least I'll have something to do.

XtreemGreen
01-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Yeah we've been snowed in all week also...... NOT!!!!! But it has been in the 30's at night....

fieroboi
01-15-2011, 07:02 PM
It's amazing how 7" of snow can shut down a city.

Schools are closed all week here. They won't open until after MLK day. I have a friend who has been trapped in the Atlanta airport for 3 days.

Bread is nonexsistant on the shelves.

And some people think the only way to get their minivans up an icy hill is to stomp the accelerator pedal to the floor. :confused:

Ah well, the sun is out today.

Besides, spring will be here before we know it. :D

I can totally relate. Its crazy how people drive when there is snow on the ground. Be thankful you only got 7 inches. Last week from Friday to Sunday we got 16 inches of snow, and there has been 2 to 6 inches everyday since then. I have been going 12 hours a day for the past 9 days and we still have snow in the forecast for the next 2 days. I am so looking forward to spring!!!

Lloyd
Blue's YardFX
Camrose, Alberta

jasonw
01-16-2011, 09:41 PM
The snow down here is weak. I guess I can expect the worse to come soon though....

I'm growing impatient and bored waiting for mother nature to do it's job so I can do mine... lol

I think I've said, "I miss cutting grass" 5 times so far this winter... It's genuine, at least I'll have something to do.

HAHAHA I am washing cars in 30F temps lol. I miss cutting grass.