PDA

View Full Version : quick hello to you all

frodsham gardens
01-13-2011, 04:19 AM
Hi my name is Paul,I am the owner of FRODSHAM GARDENS in the UK.
We work in garden maintenance and have a large customer base of mostly domestic clients.Steves site intriques me so i thought it time to join myself.;)

Growing Green
01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Welcome Paul! Do you have a website we can look at of your services? Would be nice to see how you all do things in the UK.

Matt

frodsham gardens
01-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi matt,certainly do have a web site.
FRODSHAMGARDENS.CO.UK

CHECK IT OUT,I CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE.CHEERS
PAUL

Growing Green
01-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi matt,certainly do have a web site.
FRODSHAMGARDENS.CO.UK

CHECK IT OUT,I CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE.CHEERS
PAUL

VERY professional website! Really enjoyed reading through it. The pictures in the Gallery look very professional as well.

Good luck in your adventures. The people on this forum are very knowledgeable and always helpful.

Take care,
Matt

frodsham gardens
01-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks For Your Kind Words.
I Have Been Trading Now For Several Years But Am Still Learning,
At Present I Am Needing Advice On Winter Work,snow Here Is Only A New Thing,something That I Have Yet To Involve Myself In

bruces
01-13-2011, 11:47 AM
how much snow have you been getting? when I was in Frodsham in the early 80's ,it rained all the time .

Steve
01-14-2011, 01:40 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Paul during the winter, are you able to offer some handyman services or gutter cleaning? Maybe even outdoor holiday decorations?

I'd love to hear a bit how the industry differs in your area than in America/Canada. What marketing methods have you found work the best in your area?

frodsham gardens
01-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi Steve,nice to speak to you.
At present we do basic handyman services(jetwashing,fixing gates erecting fencing etc) also lots of gutter clearing.This keeps myself and only 1 employee in business just ticking over through out winter until mid Feb.
As you can imagine this causes problems with trying to keep my employees,whom i have to lay off in the winter months.
Having to find new jobs,i can't blame them not coming back.
Advertising,We have adverts in all local shops,customers business premises,our local advert newsletter.We have tried flyers on several occasions,but with no success.Most of our new customers come from either my web site frodshamgardens.co.uk or word of mouth.
I am not complaining as i know that i have done very well to keep such a large customer base happy for so many years.
I would like to expand though,but keep struggling to do so.

Thanks for listening,nice to speak to people doing what i am doing.
cheers paul

Growing Green
01-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Paul,

I know the UK is not as much of a Christian nation as it used to be, but do people put up Christmas lights in the UK to celebrate Christmas like they do in the US? If so, have you thought about offering that as a winter service to keep you and your employees busy?

Matt

frodsham gardens
01-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks alot,sounds like a good idea,worth looking at for next year definately.
cheers Paul

Steve
01-16-2011, 01:29 AM
I would like to expand though,but keep struggling to do so.

Have you ever considered going the route of maybe selling materials, like topsoil, mulch, stone etc?

Would having some kind of property where you could sell garden materials be helpful?

What about selling holiday Poinsettias?